Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2015, 12:02 AM   #1
KJ's#1Supporter

KJ's#1Supporter is on a distinguished road
Coaching Staff

First, this is Jacob. As some of you know, I made a bet with Bearcatboy this offseason about who would average more ppg between KJ and Cobb this year. Cobb ended at 8.5 to KJ's 6.5. So to honor my part of the bet, Bearcatboy has picked this username for me to use for 1 month. Congratulations Bearcatboy, you win the bet. Cobb had an awesome year for a first year player. You saw it in him.

Onto the thread...a lot of times things end up coming back here, to this topic. Obviously threads can shift focus through natural conversation, but when this topic is starting to come to the forefront, just take it here. And if a thread is getting derailed, it doesn't take a mod to ask to keep on topic. Just do it the right way.

And it doesn't always have to be talk about Mick in here. Earlier we were talking about potential guys that'd be candidates to fill in if LD moves to a HC role somewhere. Have at it. But stay respectful.
KJ's#1Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:43 AM   #2
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ's#1Supporter View Post
First, this is Jacob. As some of you know, I made a bet with Bearcatboy this offseason about who would average more ppg between KJ and Cobb this year. Cobb ended at 8.5 to KJ's 6.5. So to honor my part of the bet, Bearcatboy has picked this username for me to use for 1 month. Congratulations Bearcatboy, you win the bet. Cobb had an awesome year for a first year player. You saw it in him.

Onto the thread...a lot of times things end up coming back here, to this topic. Obviously threads can shift focus through natural conversation, but when this topic is starting to come to the forefront, just take it here. And if a thread is getting derailed, it doesn't take a mod to ask to keep on topic. Just do it the right way.

And it doesn't always have to be talk about Mick in here. Earlier we were talking about potential guys that'd be candidates to fill in if LD moves to a HC role somewhere. Have at it. But stay respectful.
Smh, I thought Cobb was ur boy?
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:32 AM   #3
KJ's#1Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
Smh, I thought Cobb was ur boy?
Haha he is. Bearcatboy was just early to the party, and I paid for it.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:33 AM   #4
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:
Haha he is. Bearcatboy was just early to the party, and I paid for it.
Yeah told you guys also he was gone start. Wanted Wesley or mason also
Old 03-23-2015, 11:52 AM   #5
KJ's#1Supporter

I think LD will go to be a HC somewhere. He deserves it. As Mick has said, he coaches like he's 38, but has the wisdom of someone 58. This will likely be his best chance to head coach again, and I hope he runs with that chance. He has earned it.

I also hope Mick truly has learned from this year. Taking a step back hopefully opened up his eyes to some of his weaknesses. My dad (he's the reason I picked UC as a 4 year old) barely even watches the games anymore. He says it is part game and part Mick's sideshow with the refs. I know coaches have their way of motivating, but it is wasted energy. He can't stand that his battle with the refs is a constant theme. I'm hoping with his health scare, he can redefine his in-game approach. Bc I think my dad has a point. Someone like LD uses his energy on the players, from what I can tell. Just listen to our post game presser. The guys owned the loss. It was on the players not making plays, not the refs. That attitude helps with player confidence imo. Just as recently as the UConn game, Mick made a comment about not saying anything bc he didn't wanna get in trouble for criticizing the refs. I can't stand that approach. I hope LD's wisdom and approach continues to rub off on Mick, even if he isn't around next year. I was as hard on LD as anyone at times, but the attitude the players had after the Kentucky game is something that he deserves credit for. With LD, it is all about the guys. Not about him, and not about the refs. I hope Mick can loosen up a little on the sideline and trust his players enough to leave it up to them on game day.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:30 PM   #6
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Thank you for being a stand up guy and honoring your bet shows a lot about who you are to give me credit and run this place keep up good work!
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:41 PM   #7
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:
I think LD will go to be a HC somewhere. He deserves it. As Mick has said, he coaches like he's 38, but has the wisdom of someone 58. This will likely be his best chance to head coach again, and I hope he runs with that chance. He has earned it.

I also hope Mick truly has learned from this year. Taking a step back hopefully opened up his eyes to some of his weaknesses. My dad (he's the reason I picked UC as a 4 year old) barely even watches the games anymore. He says it is part game and part Mick's sideshow with the refs. I know coaches have their way of motivating, but it is wasted energy. He can't stand that his battle with the refs is a constant theme. I'm hoping with his health scare, he can redefine his in-game approach. Bc I think my dad has a point. Someone like LD uses his energy on the players, from what I can tell. Just listen to our post game presser. The guys owned the loss. It was on the players not making plays, not the refs. That attitude helps with player confidence imo. Just as recently as the UConn game, Mick made a comment about not saying anything bc he didn't wanna get in trouble for criticizing the refs. I can't stand that approach. I hope LD's wisdom and approach continues to rub off on Mick, even if he isn't around next year. I was as hard on LD as anyone at times, but the attitude the players had after the Kentucky game is something that he deserves credit for. With LD, it is all about the guys. Not about him, and not about the refs. I hope Mick can loosen up a little on the sideline and trust his players enough to leave it up to them on game day.
Mick complains a lot. He said something about refs in Kentucky game.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:47 PM   #8
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately working the refs is a requirement these days and frankly I didn't think LD did it enough. UC got the short end of the stick officiating-wise on most games that LD coached. It was the same way when Mick was first hired but has leveled out once he earned their respect.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:53 PM   #9
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Unfortunately working the refs is a requirement these days and frankly I didn't think LD did it enough. UC got the short end of the stick officiating-wise on most games that LD coached. It was the same way when Mick was first hired but has leveled out once he earned their respect.
Yeah it seems if a coach just sits there and does nothing the refs will keep on doing what they are doing.

Ive seen plenty of coaches going crazy on officials in this tournament and rightfully so. The refs can be pretty terrible.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:55 PM   #10
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Can we please get a good coach to work with the bigs down low. Ellis can't keep traveling 3 times a game.

I honestly don't know if we have anybody working with them but it has to be better. Ellis has too much talent to be doing that stuff.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote