Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins 20 60.61%
UCLA wins 13 39.39%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2017, 10:59 PM   #321
crimedogg27

crimedogg27 is on a distinguished road
Why is it so tough for people to understand that UCLA is just better than UC? They have NBA talent all over their roster and have an all-time great offense.
crimedogg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:59 PM   #322
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Cumberland was great. Him, Evans and Clark have to be aggressive next year. Should have a great team next year
I'm kinda pissed at Evans. Why wouldn't he shoot? Go out guns blazing man! C'mon!
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:59 PM   #323
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat1518 View Post
Yup. Seems like the opposing coach always makes adjustments at half and we don't.
There were quite a few games this year where we made the halftime adjustments needed to win. As much as I can't stand the ball father, lonzo is great. The best player in college.
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:00 PM   #324
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
A few observations...

1) We should've had Caupain post up Ball a few times. Ball clearly has the speed and overall skill advantage, but Caupain is stronger and 20-30 pounds bigger. Gotta take advantage of that. Cumberland used his size and strength advantage to perfection against Alford.

2) UCLA was clearly the more talented team. Didn't know how they would respond to playing against a good defensive team, but they proved themselves to me.

3) I hate Lavar Ball. He is the perfect example of the trophy generation parent who has to live vicariously through their child.

4) Do they even call traveling anymore or has the NCAA gone the way of the NBA?? If a guy can literally cradle the ball, take 3 steps down the lane and then pass, it's a travel (no matter how cool or athletic it looks). I guess Caupain carrying the ball every time he dribbles makes up for it. Definitely will miss his grit and toughness, but Broome will be a much better scorer and ball handler (although Caupain was great at taking care of the ball--props for that).
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:00 PM   #325
crimedogg27

crimedogg27 is on a distinguished road
Evans needs to shoot the ball 15 times a game. It's criminal how many wide open shots he passes up.
crimedogg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:01 PM   #326
dbieon12
Elite Member

dbieon12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Yeah because the ACC is fairing so well right now. With only their top seed in the sweet 16, out of 9 teams. Wouldn't use them as my example of a good conference right now.
Just saying the committee had the same evidence that everyone else had and that led to the perception that the ACC was the best conference (and still probably is although the B1G has an argument).

UCLA being a 3 seed was justifiable.
dbieon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:01 PM   #327
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayers View Post
There were quite a few games this year where we made the halftime adjustments needed to win. As much as I can't stand the ball father, lonzo is great. The best player in college.
Not sure he is the best individually. He had a pretty good supporting cast. I mean if half your assists ate kicking it out and a guy making threes that helps.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:02 PM   #328
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
I thought we answered a couple times, just couldn't keep up with their shot making ability
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:03 PM   #329
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEER CINCY View Post
30 wins. No reg season OR conf tourney champs. Bounced in the first weekend of the NCAA tourney AGAIN. Rinse and repeat.

11 years and I am still waiting on a signature UC moment under Cronin
AND WE'RE BACK!!

Don't root them on while they are successful, only rag on them when they lose. Who do/can you consistently root for?
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:03 PM   #330
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Goodnight to all. Great fun season.
I'm proud of our team. This season was a lot of fun.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote