Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-18-2018, 08:25 PM   #461
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
I wish we had SK. So many solid players on this team, but nobody who you can always count on. I think Mick is a good coach and we had a good season, but his stall ball tactics are inexcusable. Maybe he should look at getting an assistant who can focus on the offense because it clearly isn’t his strong suit. I hope he adjusts and learns from this and he better not do any cutesy BS like flirt with UNLV again. His antics are tiring, he needs to tone it back and focus on what he is good at.

Cumberland is good and we still have a decent core returning, but I don’t have much confidence in our returning bigs and we desperately need a shooter. We have not had a great shooter since Field Williams, and even he was a stretch. I want us to get that JUCO and a transfer Big with offensive skill.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:26 PM   #462
crimedogg27

crimedogg27 is on a distinguished road
Evans and Cumberland go a combined 12 for 36. Clark and Washington a combined 10 of 15.

Makes you wonder....
crimedogg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:27 PM   #463
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
For real, you could see cromin screaming at broome to stop shooting after the play where he tried to dish to kw it got deflected back to him and he got fouled. I was wondering why he would tell one of our better shooters to stop shooting... cronin is a little tyrant
Or he wanted him to drive, like he did with 10:25 and Cronin told him to keep doing it...
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:27 PM   #464
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatmatt View Post
What a stupid thread.

Hate to break it to you, but Cincinnati isn’t a blue blood program or a coveted destination. It’s just not. Yes, coaches can be successful here, but any coach that comes here after Cronin would bolt the second they had another offer they liked better.
I like the majority of Cronin. He would do himself a favor to leave this shit hole. No one can win here. Doesn't matter who the coach is. **** this city. Need a team full of Bible beaters to even have a chance. No one can win here, doesn't matter. Instead if firing Cronin, I would be pushing Evans to leave, he will tear his ACL next year. Start with getting iffensive players and ones who have that fire and instinct.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:28 PM   #465
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Or he wanted him to drive, like he did with 10:25 and Cronin told him to keep doing it...
This was directly after he drove.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:29 PM   #466
TheRealUC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense first View Post
I like the majority of Cronin. He would do himself a favor to leave this shit hole. No one can win here. Doesn't matter who the coach is. **** this city. Need a team full of Bible beaters to even have a chance. No one can win here, doesn't matter. Instead if firing Cronin, I would be pushing Evans to leave, he will tear his ACL next year. Start with getting iffensive players and ones who have that fire and instinct.
I'm ******* hammered,but I think you're drunker.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:30 PM   #467
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
For real, you could see cromin screaming at broome to stop shooting after the play where he tried to dish to kw it got deflected back to him and he got fouled. I was wondering why he would tell one of our better shooters to stop shooting... cronin is a little tyrant
I believe he was actually telling him to stop AND shoot it, like, do the midrange pullup.
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:31 PM   #468
TheRealUC
Elite Member

Quote:
This was directly after he drove.
Correct. Encourage the plays you can want (penetration) and discourage jump shots.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:33 PM   #469
BearcatsNE

BearcatsNE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
I wish we had SK. So many solid players on this team, but nobody who you can always count on. I think Mick is a good coach and we had a good season, but his stall ball tactics are inexcusable. Maybe he should look at getting an assistant who can focus on the offense because it clearly isn’t his strong suit. I hope he adjusts and learns from this and he better not do any cutesy BS like flirt with UNLV again. His antics are tiring, he needs to tone it back and focus on what he is good at.

Cumberland is good and we still have a decent core returning, but I don’t have much confidence in our returning bigs and we desperately need a shooter. We have not had a great shooter since Field Williams, and even he was a stretch. I want us to get that JUCO and a transfer Big with offensive skill.
Mick doesn’t like transfers. And looking at it why would a transfer come in after watching how Mick handles his transfers now. They are the only one that he (Mick) picks on.
BearcatsNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:33 PM   #470
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post

We desperately need a shooter, but getting five guys who can drive and mostly guys that Cronin doesn't have to walk up and down to get them going. Our guys are too nice, no instinct and terrible in offense. Offense looked really good until they started stalling and the magical call for Cumberlands fifth. We need guys with that edge. Cronin can't play for them. If you go to games all you hear is him telling at Clark, why does he have to do that, he is in scholarship,I will blame Cronin for stall tactics and letting Evans handle ball. Everything else is on the players. They had savages in Nevada, we got physical specimens with no edge at all. Need to change up recruiting. By by guys like Evans.i can't watch them next year if Evans stays and Moore gets more playing time over Williams.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote