Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner

Old 09-02-2010, 12:55 AM   #1
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Fantasy Football/Survivor(suicide)football?

Hey Bearcattalk members! I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in doing either of these two options. The first option would be fantasy football, but a different way on getting your teams. It's called an auction draft and sounds pretty cool. I've never tried it, just heard about it and thought it would be fun to give it a try. Here are the rules:

In auction drafts, teams have the chance to draft any player as long as they have the available funds. As such, the likes of LaDainian Tomlinson and Peyton Manning could be drafted by the same team, which would rarely happen in a snake draft. Leagues that use an auction draft are set up with a preset budget ($200) to spend on a set number of players (16-man roster)

Once a player is nominated for auction, the bidding begins. Team owners are free to bid whatever amount they feel that particular player is worth (the preset value is only a guide). Bidding continues until there is a single remaining high bid. At that point the player is awarded to the team of the highest bidder, and the bid amount is deducted from the team owner's available funds. This process repeats until every team's roster is completely filled.

After the draft is over, you play out the season the regular way you would in a "regular fantasy draft."

The second option is something called either suicide football or survivor football. This is simple. Each week you have to pick a team in the NFL to win, and if they do you go on to the next week. If they lose, you are done, or in some leagues you can have two losses. Sounds easy, but here's the kicker, once you pick a team to win, you can not pick that team again. The last person still picking wins. I feel like we could do both, although this second option could be done on the site and no one would have to sign up or log in anywhere. Please let me know if your interested in any of these, and we will go from there.

"You better answer my texts or your banned."-Thegreatone
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote