Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Who do you like so far?

I know it's early in the season, but I'm just wondering what teams people like so far this year. Obviously you have some great teams, like UNC/UK/OSU, but who else do you like. Who do you think the best team is so far?

Personally, I think UK is really, really good this year. That's obvious though, but I really like them. They will be very good defensively, as all of Cal's teams are. Right now, I think UK is the best team.

I know this isn't really an underdog here, but I really like this years Duke team. They have phenomenal guard play. I think their biggest problem will be post defense, but they do a pretty nice job of keeping the ball out of the post. They have a lot of different guards who can hit the three, as well as a big man who can pop the 3. I know it's early, but one thing that concerns me about Duke is their FT shooting. I think I saw as a team they average in the mid 60's. Not good.

I think Memphis looks good, not great..yet. They have a ton of team speed and a lot of individual talent. Honestly, I'm not sold on Pasnter as a coach yet.

I think Florida is pretty good as well. I know they lost to OSU, but I still like that team. They have some good experience and can be dangerous come March.

UCLA is surprisingly BAD. I think Arizona will be the team to beat in the PAC12.

Big12 is looking pretty solid right now. I think Kansas, and Missouri are pretty good teams. I haven't seen much of Baylor to make a judgement on them, but I know they are supposed to be good.

Wisconsin has been destroying teams on offense and defense. I don't think they have played a good enough team yet to fully show how good or average they are yet, though.

Again, I know it's not much of a surprise team, but Duke has been playing a lot better then I thought they would.

"You better answer my texts or your banned."-Thegreatone

Last edited by Kingsley Court; 11-23-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
thebeast

thebeast is on a distinguished road
I have never been a big UK fan mainly because of their fans but I can't argue with you that they are a great team.
I do love Arizona. I never hated Sean Miller when he was at X he always got the most out of his players and you always saw marked improvement from his teams over the course of a season. And now that he is at Zona he can sure recruit. They have some scary frosh in Nick Johnson and Josiah Turner who will be studs by the end of the year.
But I think UNC is the team to beat by far. They have so many options on offense it is ridiculous. And Kendall Marshall at the point he is so smooth with the ball. And Henson has added a jumpshot. They have the best first 7 or 8 in the game by far.
thebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
I really like Duke, OSU and Kansas.

Nothing earth shattering.

Overrated teams would include Pitt and Memphis
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
5 me's would win it this year.... I dont see a team so far ahead. Kentucky wins big but im not sold
Old 11-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
Obviously Kentucky and UNC. I am hoping thats the NC game, that would be a great one. (With Kentucky winning, of course)

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:14 AM   #6
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Butler sucks. Cleveland State rocks.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #7
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
I think Michigan can be a team that can upset anyone in the tournament. (I don't think they can go to the final four or anything, but they can cause a big upset)

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote