Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 08-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
JaQuon Parker to play in Finland

Another Bearcat playing pro ball overseas, good to see. Cash and Parker always gave 100%, so it's nice to see them get rewarded. I will always remember Parker for being gritty and a true Bearcat. While he could be so frustrating with games where he went invisible, he always was doing something to help the team. He made up for what he lacked in skill by having great intangibles. Good luck, JaQuon!
Old 08-11-2013, 02:48 AM   #2
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
That's great news! JaQuon was a true Bearcat. He wasn't the most physically gifted guy to ever play for UC, but he was a hard-nosed defender who gave maximum effort all the time. He has been my favorite player the past 2 years, so I am ecstatic to see him get the opportunity to play pro ball.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Every team needs a Rashad Bishop or a Jaquan Parker. I hope we have one on this seasons team.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Every team needs a Rashad Bishop or a Jaquan Parker. I hope we have one on this seasons team.
My prediction for that role this year will be JD3. I think he could be the slasher we are missing, but he is a wildcard at this point, we are gonna need for him to step up big time.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
I'm quite the opposite actually. He is too small to be a slasher. Hopefully Thomas will provide that for us. At the risk of writing someone on that I haven't seen play in over a year, I think Davis will be a role player for the rest of his career spelling the freshman point guard presumably, Caupain coming in next year
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:55 AM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I think Titus Rubles is going to be that guy this year. He's going to rebound, he plays defense, and I believe you'll see him attack and score from mid-range. Would not surprise me to see Rubles lead this team in rebounding and for him to be a very good defender.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I think Titus Rubles is going to be that guy this year. He's going to rebound, he plays defense, and I believe you'll see him attack and score from mid-range. Would not surprise me to see Rubles lead this team in rebounding and for him to be a very good defender.
I agree about Rubles. I would like to add Justin Jackson into that mix as well. Between the two of them we have two guys that play tough and gritty. While we definitely need Titus to play well and give us good minutes and rebound like he did last year, we need Jackson to show up this year and give good minutes as well. Titus will contribute to the scoring more so than we should expect Jackson to, but Jackson really needs to be able to come in and cause some mayhem on the defensive end.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I agree about Rubles. I would like to add Justin Jackson into that mix as well. Between the two of them we have two guys that play tough and gritty. While we definitely need Titus to play well and give us good minutes and rebound like he did last year, we need Jackson to show up this year and give good minutes as well. Titus will contribute to the scoring more so than we should expect Jackson to, but Jackson really needs to be able to come in and cause some mayhem on the defensive end.
Jackson has to prove himself in my eyes. I still believe we will see 2 fours on the floor a fair amount of time. If Lawrence adapts and can rebound well it will be him and Rubles.