Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Exclamation Big East/SEC Pairings Announcement

Being released today at 2:00...
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
UC @ Georgia, 12/2. Bring it.

Link
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Bring it indeed!! Good non-conf game on the road.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Bring it indeed!! Good non-conf game on the road.
good and better yet, a winnable game
Old 05-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #5
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Would of rather had a bit higher echelon team. St John's gets Kentucky? Are you serious? Can you say bloodbath?
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
UK will blow SJU out. That is a market/brand name game. St. Johns got more run last season then it deserved. Two high profile coaches don't hurt either.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Florida/Syracuse and Vandy/Louisville are interesting but I want to see G'town/Bama outside of us.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:59 PM   #8
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Was anyone else a little dissappointed in the pairing? I know we arent top of the big east yet but I was really hoping for UK...
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:15 PM   #9
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Was anyone else a little dissappointed in the pairing? I know we arent top of the big east yet but I was really hoping for UK...
Absolutely. If UC could not play UK, I was at least hoping for a game against TN. The Vols are not that far away, we recruit some of the same kids and as well all know, there are a number of posters on UC boards who either went to both schools or have an affinity for both programs (wink, wink).
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:31 PM   #10
Jinxy

Jinxy is on a distinguished road
I would have liked Kentucky, Florida or Vanderbilt but Georgia did beat UK and nearly knocked off Washington last year. I think due to their schedules, it will help UC's OOC SOS.
(stupid abbreviations)
St. Johns got a lot of publicity this year and while I think it was deserved, it's not even remotely close to the same team returning next year. Oh well; if Princeton can fight them tooth and nail, maybe SJU will pull one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Florida/Syracuse and Vandy/Louisville are interesting but I want to see G'town/Bama outside of us.
I think Georgetown is going to be pretty awful next season.
I see that Alabama team destroying them on the inside. Hollis Thompson actually impressed a few scouts at work outs and had a 50/50 chance if he kept his name is. The thing that bugs me about that is the guy tried out as a 2 guard, which means JTIII played him out of position this whole time. He had like a 6 inch height advantage over the guy they had playing SG last season...
That kind of skill, that kind of physical advantage and he still couldn't play 2.
It makes me think JTIII is a sorry ass coach, I imagine that explains why they fizzle in the tourny every year.

Last edited by Jinxy; 05-19-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote