Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #21
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno99 View Post
You know I think we need to be careful not to cast too many stones, yes fans at X have done some bad things, but to think no UC fans have done similar is turning a blind eye. College kids are college kids and they do stupid things at times. Also to say UC gives in by not taking their home game this year is crap, someone had to give at some point so UC took the lead good for them.

I for one have been to the game at both arenas the past 10 years or so and never had any issues with the crowd. Now I did have Dez wells yell at me during play this past year but that's another story.
Hopefully this will be good for both schools, this game needs to be played. There may be a debate as to whether or not it needs a cooling off period after last year, but it needs to be played, it is one of the best local rivalries in the country period. I'm glad they have found a way to make it happen, I just pray there is no bad behavior on either side of the court next year on or off the court.
Good Post. And I think we need to read more about this....
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #22
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley Court View Post
I forgot all about this claim. I remember at one point UC fans claimed Frease actually hit the AD's wife, and said that UC was already pressing charges. In fact, I made a bet with someone here that it would never happen, don't know who I made it with. Can't believe people actually believed that story.
We dont need to even acknowledge these type of stories because there is no support either way.

I read that Micks family was doing things, that Frease hit Davis wife, blah blah. Why not bring up Wylers wife and Curtis Bostic too. If there is ever charges or evidence to suggest these things happened than we can discuss.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #23
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
We dont need to even acknowledge these type of stories because there is no support either way.

I read that Micks family was doing things, that Frease hit Davis wife, blah blah. Why not bring up Wylers wife and Curtis Bostic too. If there is ever charges or evidence to suggest these things happened than we can discuss.
What did Jeff Wyler do to XU fans or coaches? Charge them too much for a car?

It is the conduct of XU's fans and players that has resulted in the Crosstown Shootout being moved to US Bank Arena, depriving UC's fans like myself of their seat for the game in 5/3rd Arena.

The moving of the game is 100% on XU fans and players, this is not disputable, the XU players started the brawl and the XU fans acted like complete idiots as caught on video and put on YouTube.

UC cannot ever go the Cintas again because UC fans and players are in harm's way there. It is not a safe environment.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #24
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Dont like it. I think it is an overreaction by both schools to the brawl. If there were big enough concerns that they felt the game could not be played on campus then should they be playing at all? Also I dont like the added pressure it puts on the fans. These two fan bases have never been the best of friends and with last year's events there is definitely animosity left over. Now they are going to be in the same arena? Should everyone be able to act like adults? Yes. Will they? Probably not. Just think this creates more problems than it solves.....
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #25
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley Court View Post
Neutral site games are becoming more and more popular.
For who? Coach Cal? Who else?

It's a bad change for the fans.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #26
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
What a dumb move. Makes zero sense.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #27
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Why is it dumb?

I hate 5/3 arena and the fact there is nothing to do. Now, I get to go to the game every single year and enjoy the banks and meet up with friends from both sides.

No, this is awesome now that I think about it.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #28
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
For who? Coach Cal? Who else?

It's a bad change for the fans.
Why? Better arena. Fun atmosphere. Get to see it every year.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #29
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Lets put a schools issue and throw it on the fans
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #30
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Why? Better arena. Fun atmosphere. Get to see it every year.
Not a better arena, US Bank sucks. Not as fun of an atmosphere as on campus games. You could always get a ticket every year if you wanted.

A neutral site game can be a fun event for sure, but we already had a home-and-home setup, and a neutral site setup is a step backwards.

What would you say about moving UNC v. Duke to a neutral site? I'm going to defer to Tom Crean on the debate of on campus games versus neutral site games and which is better for the fans and the players.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote