Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #11
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
I think it was a fun read. It's refreshing that you enjoy being a fan, root for the name on the front of the jersey, and are willing to put your thoughts out there with your name attached to it rather than just a screen name like so many of us - myself included. Being a fan is supposed to be fun. It's about being caught up and a part of a something bigger than we are.

Keep writing and don't let the cynics drag you down.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #12
Cataclysmo

Cataclysmo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
You and I have a VERY different idea of what humor is. Maybe next time you'll write a good one. Keep trying!
Classy.
Cataclysmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:07 PM   #13
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
There's a thin line between love and hate. Both take passion. I can say I hate Xavier as I can say I love UC. I don't want to see Xavier succeed in basketball plain and simple. I think if your brain is wired like mine and you are a die-hard fan it is just as natural an emotion to have that die-hard hatred for your rival. As long as it is in the spirit of good humanity then all is good in my opinion. When you take it past that line is where you have issues. Starting a fight with an opposing fan or stealing flags for that matter cross the line. Rooting against your rival is as natural to me as rooting for your team. The day I set foot as a student on campus at UC my fan allegiances became very clear cut. There are other teams I kind of root for, but other than UC there is no team that affects me emotionally win or lose other than the teams I hate: Xavier, Ohio State, Kentucky and Louisville in that order (and yes I'm surprised Louisville is fourth on that list, too, but being in our conference it helps UC for them to be good).

Last edited by david aka the TYZ; 01-01-2014 at 03:10 PM.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #14
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

I'll even say I hate Xavier so much that I'm finding myself rooting against every new Big East team just to bring their conference profile down.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #15
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
I thought a fellow Norwoodian would understand, haha!
JJ as a youngster for a change of pace we used to go the the Chapel at X for Sunday Mass. A friend of mine who I went to St. Matthews grade school with was the last starting QB at X when they had a football program. He was a Purcell grad. He gets ribbed a little that he was so bad they disbanded the program. Lol
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #16
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
You and I have a VERY different idea of what humor is. Maybe next time you'll write a good one. Keep trying!
try not to be a a## your whole life.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:52 PM   #17
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I'll even say I hate Xavier so much that I'm finding myself rooting against every new Big East team just to bring their conference profile down.
Amen to that. You can throw Louisville in with them.
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:51 PM   #18
IDC

IDC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Haha me too. I want that conference to fail horribly. It will be great watching Pitt finish no better than 5th every year in the ACC
IDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #19
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberlycolonel View Post
Amen to that. You can throw Louisville in with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDC View Post
Haha me too. I want that conference to fail horribly. It will be great watching Pitt finish no better than 5th every year in the ACC
It kind of helps that every team left over from the the old conference was our old conference mates, Xavier is obvious and Creighton knocked us out of the tourney last year. So Butler is the only team in there that we don't have a reason to root against anyway. And yeah once Louisville stops being in our conference there will be absolutely no reason to even want them to do OK. They were a team I hated, but for conference purposes it was good that they were good.