Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 12-01-2015, 09:37 PM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
College Football Playoff

Any predictions on the Championship games? Can Ohio State get in if UNC beats Clemson? I thought the committee would have UNC better than #10 this week.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:00 PM   #2
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
I don't think any chance OSU gets in. Only way B1G gets two teams in is if MSU and Iowa play to a 3 OT, both teams with one loss against great opposition while OU sitting home with their bad loss and committee holds B12 out due to no championship game.

All P5 leagues should have playoff.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:25 PM   #3
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
I don't think any chance OSU gets in. Only way B1G gets two teams in is if MSU and Iowa play to a 3 OT, both teams with one loss against great opposition while OU sitting home with their bad loss and committee holds B12 out due to no championship game.

All P5 leagues should have playoff.
A bunch of my cousins are hardcore OSU, and they are trying so hard to find a way where they'd get in. I think Oklahoma is a lock. It'd be interesting to see if Stanford could get in if they beat USC and Clemson loses.

I think a Big 12 title game could really help. Not just for perception and fitting in with the rest, but for making the schedule easier...assuming they wouldn't put the Texas and Oklahoma schools all together like the old Big 12 South. The round-robin imo is harder in a lot of cases than having the title game. Look at the SEC East, both ACC divisions, and Iowa's luck of the draw this year. That's much better than playing every team.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 12-02-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:03 AM   #4
bearcat8290

bearcat8290 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
A bunch of my cousins are hardcore OSU, and they are trying so hard to find a way where they'd get in. I think Oklahoma is a lock. It'd be interesting to see if Stanford could get in if they beat USC and Clemson loses.

I think a Big 12 title game could really help. Not just for perception and fitting in with the rest, but for making the schedule easier...assuming they wouldn't put the Texas and Oklahoma schools all together like the old Big 12 South. The round-robin imo is harder in a lot of cases than having the title game. Look at the SEC East, both ACC divisions, and Iowa's luck of the draw this year. That's much better than playing every team.
I must respectfully disagree that Oklahoma is a lock. They lost to a lousy Texas team and barely held on to beat TCU after the TCU QB went down and was removed from the game. They have no playoff game which I think and hope will knock them out again. I think Oklahoma is the most at risk of the group. I don't think a five point win over a last place team in South Carolina makes Clemson #1 either. I think they should have dropped to #3 with Alabama #1, Iowa #2, Clemson #3, Michigan State #4. Whoever loses the Big 10 game will drop and Ohio State may replace due to it's convincing win AT Michigan. Ohio State is at 5 according to the committee looking in.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 12-02-2015 at 12:13 PM.
bearcat8290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #5
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
All ohio state needs is Clemson or Alabama to lose and there in pretty simple
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:01 AM   #6
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
Hope your right Bearcatboy!
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #7
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat8290 View Post
I must respectfully disagree that Oklahoma is a lock. They lost to a lousy Texas team and barely held on to beat TCU after the TCU QB went down and was removed from the game. They have no playoff game which I think and hope will knock them out again. I think Oklahoma is the most at risk of the group. I don't think a five point win over a last place team in South Carolina makes Clemson #1 either. I think they should have dropped to #3 with Alabama #1, Iowa #2, Clemson #3, Michigan State #4. Whoever loses the Big 10 game will drop and Ohio State may replace due to it's convincing win AT Michigan. Ohio State is at 5 according to the committee looking in.
Oklahoma is #3 with no games left...but 1 of #4/#5 will lose and be out, OSU is #6 with no games left, ND is #8 with no games left, and FSU is #9 with no games left. The only way would be if Clemson beats UNC and they put 2 loss Stanford ahead of them.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:42 AM   #8
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
You don't think a win for Stanford to check off the Conference Championship would move them ahead? I don't know the answer to that, but I know the committee loves conference champions.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:40 AM   #9
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Hope your right Bearcatboy!
Me too
Old 12-02-2015, 11:42 AM   #10
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
You don't think a win for Stanford to check off the Conference Championship would move them ahead? I don't know the answer to that, but I know the committee loves conference champions.
Ohio state lost to a top 10 team in the last seconds by 3,
Stanford can't top what ohio state did to a top ten school last week. Stanford won't just osu unless they win by 30 this weekend...