Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

View Poll Results: Will Tuberville be the coach next year?
Yes 7 23.33%
No 23 76.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2015, 10:10 AM   #51
XgradforUC

XgradforUC is on a distinguished road
As I stated before....nobody should expect this program to put teams in the major bowls year after year. Especially with the new playoff system in place. But I think that how the last 3 years have gone has to be considered dissapointing and below par for what the expectations should be. Not just the records, but who they lost to, by how much, and when. Combine that with what appears to be poor recruiting results (based on rankings and impact of players coming into the program) and I stand by my belief that the coaching staff has underperformed the last few years.
XgradforUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 01:01 PM   #52
bearcat8290

bearcat8290 is on a distinguished road
No, I have nothing against the guy whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I think he has an interesting personality. I don't think he thinks much of Ohio football or if he does, he does not seem to know where to recruit. Many of our players are right here, less than 75 miles from the border of our campus. I don't like the fact he does not recruit in the area and does not seem to care. Secondly, his coaching style is rather lame. He allows all the assistant coaches handle the coaching duties for their specialty. What he states in interviews and what the coaches do seem to be two different things. We need to play power football, yet we recruit finesse players? If we are going to rely on assistant coaches, then we need to pay such coaches well so we can half top flight assistants for a man who seems to take an overview approach to coaching rather than a proactive approach. He seems to think Cincinnati should settle for less. You know we're not Auburn and never will be. Well think again, Louisville that is only two years removed from the Big East changes and the AAC trounced Texas A & M, which is one of the elite power five teams and something Tuberville never did at Texas Tech. I've recently decided I'm not happy with him and hope he is let go soon, THe longer he remains the farther the UC program will fall.
bearcat8290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 01:10 PM   #53
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
No, I can see very well. I was disappointed in this year's team for many of the reasons you listed. But at the same time, I feel stability in the coaching ranks, at this point in time, is crucial. It is natural to call for a coach's head when teams do not live up to expectations (which were very high). My question is this. There are some on this site who, for whatever reason, HATE Tuberville. I mean, just can't stand him---why? They didn't like him from the get-go---why? It almost seems personal--why?
Slimy snake oil salesmen that will say anything in front of a crowd. He said the only way he'd leave Ole Miss was in a pine box...he left a few days later. He blames his problems on the staff and goes through a new defense coordinator every year. He left Texas Tech because he was going to be fired..oh and there's THIS. Really don't like this guy as a coach or as a person. He is the definition of what is wrong with college football coaches...Please get this clown out of here.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 02:52 PM   #54
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
LET ME RESPOND

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat8290 View Post
No, I have nothing against the guy whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I think he has an interesting personality. I don't think he thinks much of Ohio football (YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HE THINKS ABOUT OHIO FOOTBALL) or if he does, he does not seem to know where to recruit (HE RECRUITS THE CINCY AREA, BUT IF PLAYERS ARE NOT INTERESTED IN UC, WHAT SHOULD HE DO?). Many of our players are right here, less than 75 miles from the border of our campus. (MAYBE THEY WANT TO LEAVE HOME) I don't like the fact he does not recruit in the area and does not seem to care. HE CARES Secondly, his coaching style is rather lame. He allows all the assistant coaches handle the coaching duties for their specialty. ALL COACHES DO THIS What he states in interviews and what the coaches do seem to be two different things. We need to play power football, yet we recruit finesse players? If we are going to rely on assistant coaches, then we need to pay such coaches well so we can half top flight assistants for a man who seems to take an overview approach to coaching rather than a proactive approach. He seems to think Cincinnati should settle for less. HE DOES NOT You know we're not Auburn and never will be. Well think again, Louisville that is only two years removed from the Big East changes and the AAC trounced Texas A & M, which is one of the elite power five teams and something Tuberville never did at Texas Tech. I've recently decided I'm not happy with him and hope he is let go soon, THe longer he remains the farther the UC program will fall.
SEE ABOVE COMMENTS INSERTED
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:47 PM   #55
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
I'm not a big football person. I've been 98% a basketball guy. I like football and hope we are good, but I feel we are a basketball school, not a football school. I personally thought it was stupid to spend the outrageous dollars on the stadium chasing a football dream that I don't ever see happening. The only reason we got to the BCS bowls is the we found our way into a power basketball conference, that was pretty weak in Football, but happened to have an automatic BCS Bowl bid. And, we were lucky enough to take advantage of it. Those days are long gone, and I doubt they will ever return. For that reason, I'm one who feels that firing Tubbs would probably be a mistake. If he wants to stay, he should get his 5 or 6 years like Mick did. If he's fired, I'll just shrug my shoulders and chuckle. For the record, most of the big donors I've talked to, absolutely don't believe we should replace him. They're pretty solid behind him. Of course, I haven't spoken to any of them since the Hawaii Bowl.

Then again, if we get a younger guy, maybe we free up some money for basketball. Anything that is good for basketball, is good for me.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:16 AM   #56
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Love the Football program and am disappointed we took a step back this year. Fully support the investment and understand what having a good program can do for our athletic budget. Coach T gets this year to right ship or it may be time for a change.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:29 AM   #57
M64W

HIRING ASSISTANTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Love the Football program and am disappointed we took a step back this year. Fully support the investment and understand what having a good program can do for our athletic budget. Coach T gets this year to right ship or it may be time for a change.
Another reason Tubs should be given a contract extension is because he needs to hire some assistants. Some guys may not want to come to UC if Tuberville is barely hanging on. They will be looking for some solid ground to land on. I am hoping he finds the right guys to come in.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:21 PM   #58
Doogle

Doogle will become famous soon enough
I agree with most of what L-T said (especially the Baskeball part), but honestly there is no reason why UC shouldn't compete for a New Year's Six bowl spot in the current conference config. Tom Herman took the same group of Houston players that UC beat a year ago to a NY6 bowl this year (and actually won). Lot of Cougar fans would like to be in a bigger conference but acknowledge that the path to a big bowl is easier in the AAC. Our program, as it stood before Tuberville took over, should be competing for that spot every single season.

On the off-topic of conferences...living in Houston has been quite enlightening on the subject of the Big 12. Houston fans are flush with excitement over their success this year, the big extension for Coach Herman, the new football stadium and the impending upgrades to the basketball facilities, but even they acknowledge that UC probably has the catbird's seat should expansion happen. Spoke to a co-worker and UH alum today and he said all he hears is that Cincinnati is first choice for a slot. They're basically hoping for a political hail mary to get the Coogs in because they know Texas will never vote for them to join. Obviously this 10-team conference championship vote coming up is huge but I like our chances much more hearing it from people that are pulling for a different outcome.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:05 AM   #59
bearcat8290

bearcat8290 is on a distinguished road
Now we have the hiring of Jim Turner by Coach Tuberville. This guy was the line coach with the Dolphins when Incognito was doing his thing in Miami. What does anyone think our recruiting opponents will do with this? According to the story, he filed suit against the main writer of the report, a man named Wells, however, the article does not state what the outcome was. Not sure anyone knows. Apparently the Wells report said some things that were untrue sparking the lawsuit. My question, is this a guy we want to hire at the college ranks? It's just another example on Cincinnati sinking as low as possible to get people here. This is a good program and this coach is running into the ground. This guy better be a damn good coach !!!

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...oach/78732994/
bearcat8290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:24 AM   #60
M64W

Give it a rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat8290 View Post
Now we have the hiring of Jim Turner by Coach Tuberville. This guy was the line coach with the Dolphins when Incognito was doing his thing in Miami. What does anyone think our recruiting opponents will do with this? According to the story, he filed suit against the main writer of the report, a man named Wells, however, the article does not state what the outcome was. Not sure anyone knows. Apparently the Wells report said some things that were untrue sparking the lawsuit. My question, is this a guy we want to hire at the college ranks? It's just another example on Cincinnati sinking as low as possible to get people here. This is a good program and this coach is running into the ground. This guy better be a damn good coach !!!

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...oach/78732994/
Give it a rest. You don't know a damn thing about it. If Tuberville and the Bearcats go undefeated, you will think it is the best hire ever made!