Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-08-2019, 12:23 PM   #751
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
If we can land/keep a few of them haha
We still have a shot at Johnson....and why wouldn't he want to be here? Even if for some reason he is not starting at PG (which seems a long shot he wouldn't be)...he can get minutes at the off guard as well. We literally have noone to throw in there right now...especially if Cumberland leaves.

I expect to get someone in the transfer market but the minutes are still there. He is fully capable of contributing in a big way. I would lock him in at 20 mpg right now and maybe 30+ depending on who we sign.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:45 PM   #752
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Isaiah Moss would be a huge get, but I'd be surprised if we got him. I doubt being on a potential middle of the AAC team that might not even make the NCAA tournament - if Cumberland leaves - is very attractive.

I'd take Todd, Williams and Maidoh. They all seem like realistic targets. Maidoh would probably be a redshirt, Williams might be and Todd could probably contribute some backup minutes.
I think this is where we are at right now. A new assistant coach with recruiting ties may open a few other doors. Maybe not big doors but doors nonetheless.

There is one assistant that intrigues me right now but I will wait to post until multiple sources can confirm interest. Outside of that the coaching convo is silent and that's okay by me. I think Brannen is going through the motions and he's going to make good (if not great) decisions.

But just like everyone...it's a wait and see mentality. Even if he lands a good recruiter...even if he lands some good players...it's still all wait and see on the court production.

We can maybe relieve some fan stress for a moment...but the questions are going to be there either way.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:46 PM   #753
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Ok my guy.

It’s guys like you who keep setting the bar higher and higher for Brannen by down playing the importance of Mick.
...And you are the one giving Brannen 2 years, you have the bar set higher than anyone
Old 05-08-2019, 02:03 PM   #754
beeman7467

beeman7467 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Please clarify "post season", cuz the back to back conference tournament champion trophies would like to have a word with you...
I'm sorry. You're correct. Mick did have significant success in recent Conference tournaments and that shouldn't be diminished. I was talking about the post season as it pertains to who wins the National Championship.
beeman7467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 02:08 PM   #755
beeman7467

beeman7467 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Ok my guy.

It’s guys like you who keep setting the bar higher and higher for Brannen by down playing the importance of Mick.
My guy :-). That's nice. I don't have access to the algorithm you're using to indicate I've set the bar any higher for JB than it was for MC, but I'll trust your math is correct. I never downplayed Mick's success. I just don't think the sky is falling because he left. He was a good coach. He now has the resources to excel at the highest level. I wish him luck.
beeman7467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:19 AM   #756
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Penn State transfer and teams second leading scorer Rasir Bolton will be on campus today for an official visit, averaged 11.6 ppg, 2 reb, 1.5 ast, 38.3% fg. He was a freshman so he would have to sit a year with 3 years of eligibility remaining. Also visiting Iowa State this weekend.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:35 AM   #757
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Penn State transfer and teams second leading scorer Rasir Bolton will be on campus today for an official visit, averaged 11.6 ppg, 2 reb, 1.5 ast, 38.3% fg. He was a freshman so he would have to sit a year with 3 years of eligibility remaining. Also visiting Iowa State this weekend.
Sign me up... Also there is an outside chance of immediate eligibility here.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:08 AM   #758
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Immediate eligibility would be nice. Would still be a nice get as a transfer, but we need another guard (or 2 or 3) for this year.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:09 AM   #759
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He's seeking a waiver. I really don't like that he's going to Iowa State right after UC though. They make me uneasy.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:16 AM   #760
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Immediate eligibility would be nice. Would still be a nice get as a transfer, but we need another guard (or 2 or 3) for this year.
Would love to get a guy like Bolton or Moss. Then Todd or Williams. I still love the Maidoh kid. If we could get 3 guys like that I would be okay with waiting until 2020 on the rest. If Cumberland goes...maybe add another wing if there is a good fit.

Maybe play with 11 roster spots this year and build some relationships for the 2020 class to get it to 13. We may even see another transfer or two after this year depending on what the guys see as their role on the team after a year with CJB.