Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2019, 08:18 PM   #1591
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Snapper View Post
Zach Harvey narrowly avoided prison last year after facing two felony counts of sexual exploitation of a child.
He was 16 he had naked pictures of a 15 year old on his phone

If your ok with lance stephenson pushing a girl down a flight of stairs than I would think you’d be ok with this
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:23 PM   #1592
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Zach Harvey narrowly avoided prison last year after facing two felony counts of sexual exploitation of a child.
One of the things I liked about Mick was that he ran a clean program and had good kids (mostly). I expect Brannen to do the same. That said, the charges that I've read say that he possessed a sexual image or video of a minor. The girl was 15, Harvey was 16. Not saying I want my kids to do that, but that is hardly something I would worry too much about. It also said he was charged with the promotion of a child to perform sexual acts. Again, she was 15, he was 16. If that's a crime, I'm pretty sure 95% of 16 year old boys are guilty of it.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:27 PM   #1593
mdchick
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
One of the things I liked about Mick was that he ran a clean program and had good kids (mostly). I expect Brannen to do the same. That said, the charges that I've read say that he possessed a sexual image or video of a minor. The girl was 15, Harvey was 16. Not saying I want my kids to do that, but that is hardly something I would worry too much about. It also said he was charged with the promotion of a child to perform sexual acts. Again, she was 15, he was 16. If that's a crime, I'm pretty sure 95% of 16 year old boys are guilty of it.
Mick recruited a lot of good kids but lance stephenson, Alvin Mitchell, and Octavious Ellis were no saints
Old 06-17-2019, 08:39 PM   #1594
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I guarantee that would not be the majority attitude around here if he was signing with, say, Xavier. Multiple boys involved in an incident that resulted in them taking and sharing sexually explicit material of a single younger girl is sure as hell not something that 95% of all teenagers are guilty of.

He pled down and there is nothing stopping him from getting a scholarship and moving on, but 1. let's realize this isn't just Brannen landing an amazing player in a vacuum 2. normalizing this sort of thing with "everyone does it" just because he stands to help your team win games is precisely what leads to wild abuses - pretty much every university athletics sex scandal (and there have been far too many) metastasizes because people rationalize unacceptable behavior because doing so helps "their side" win games.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:46 PM   #1595
mdchick
Epic Member

Quote:
I guarantee that would not be the majority attitude around here if he was signing with, say, Xavier. Multiple boys involved in an incident that resulted in them taking and sharing sexually explicit material of a single younger girl is sure as hell not something that 95% of all teenagers are guilty of.

He pled down and there is nothing stopping him from getting a scholarship and moving on, but 1. let's realize this isn't just Brannen landing an amazing player in a vacuum 2. normalizing this sort of thing with "everyone does it" just because he stands to help your team win games is precisely what leads to wild abuses - pretty much every university athletics sex scandal (and there have been far too many) metastasizes because people rationalize unacceptable behavior because doing so helps "their side" win games.
Disagree not a big deal at all
Old 06-17-2019, 08:49 PM   #1596
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Another part of this is we don’t have any size. I don’t know how that is going to play out
The lack of size and our unproven centers are the biggest concerns to me. We've had undersized teams before, but those teams had tough guards who played bigger than their size.

Jarron could be that type of guard, but will he wear down? Moore could also be and played the 4 last year at times.

Keith, Jaevin and McNeal all seem like guys who don't like to battle inside. They are going to have to start scrapping for every rebound.

Forcing out Hardnett, who had the size to play the 4/5 and replacing him with another guard seems weird (even though Harvey is highly rated). We already have a lot of depth at guard and lacking big man depth. Now we have even more guards and fewer bigs.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:00 PM   #1597
CinciSportsFan

CinciSportsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
The lack of size and our unproven centers are the biggest concerns to me. We've had undersized teams before, but those teams had tough guards who played bigger than their size.

Jarron could be that type of guard, but will he wear down? Moore could also be and played the 4 last year at times.

Keith, Jaevin and McNeal all seem like guys who don't like to battle inside. They are going to have to start scrapping for every rebound.

Forcing out Hardnett, who had the size to play the 4/5 and replacing him with another guard seems weird (even though Harvey is highly rated). We already have a lot of depth at guard and lacking big man depth. Now we have even more guards and fewer bigs.

We still have no idea what made him leave. Making assumptions and judgements based on those assumptions is a little silly. For all we know, it could be all his decision.
CinciSportsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:00 PM   #1598
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:

And it was Mick's decision, not Huggs? Seriously? You don't think the head coach had the say in forcing a guy out in order to bring a recruit in? Crazy, crazy, crazy.
Bro do u know who mick really was and where he started from. He was recruiting like he was part of mob, only wanting the best of the best players and getting them however he needed get them. He famously claims he pimped recruiting services to get satterfield bumped up to 5*. Snitched on ohio state about flint getting a meal on visit
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:02 PM   #1599
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
This reason why he is available? We getting old band back together?
Old 06-17-2019, 09:04 PM   #1600
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Grayson high school had *5 star football recruit that had exactly same situation. He had go all way down to juco