Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #111
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
All very good suggestions. The big one is IMO going to be fees and pricing model. New grads are carrying unprecedented student debt (something I am well acquainted with) so money to burn is going to be getting harder and harder to come by, and the decision what to use any disposable income is going to be made with much discretion. Foregoing season tickets for a one or two night great event is the route I'll probably go myself, and just carefully pick the games and hope a good chairback deal goes on sale for mom. It should be easier if all the benches are ripped out.
I graduated in 2000 and this is my third year getting season tickets for bball, ninth I think for football. I did basically what you said. I went to one or two games a year, then started getting ticket packs, the last couple years before season tickets I would go to about half the games. Then the money was right to get season tickets. The one thing I haven't heard is what will become of the upper deck seating. It will obviously be reduced but they haven't really said what the upper decks will look like or what type of seats it will be. They are very aware that people dislike the benches up there though.

As far as pricing is concerned he and others assured everybody that it is not their intention to jack up prices. He said they are currently near the bottom of pricing for major D-1 sports and they intend to stay there. They will increase revenue with much more premium seating and by adding donors. He said the biggest problem they have is there are people and companies that pay one donation and have allotments of 100 tickets. (One lady in the crowd even admitted her group paid one donation for 30 seats for football.) He said that not only keeps money out of the athletic program's pockets, it keeps their number of donors down and the big conferences really like a high number of donors. From what I understand, according to my ticket guy next year they are starting a per seat donation structure. For most people that have two or four seats it will be about the same donation level, but for those that have gotten by through the years with getting dozens and dozens of seats they will have to pay more and I would assume those people will get their friends to pay those donations themselves and become new donors.

Last edited by david aka the TYZ; 12-13-2014 at 04:02 PM.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #112
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Analysis from a WVU board. Very thorough and good

http://westvirginia.scout.com/forums...65730227?s=159
Old 12-17-2014, 06:12 PM   #113
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Analysis from a WVU board. Very thorough and good

http://westvirginia.scout.com/forums...65730227?s=159
Nice read.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:41 PM   #114
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Good read, with good quotes from the actual big 12 commisioner. They are definitely thinking about it
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...des-to-expand/
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:20 AM   #115
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

pullled this off lances's blog

:https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=EguV8VKbWaQ

UC vs Virginia Tech, Saturday.

Forbes: Best college football team for the money

1. Cincinnati BearcatCost per win: $1,601,055
3-year football expenses: $43.6 million
Conference: American Athletic Conference
Head coach: Tommy Tuberville

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 12-26-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #116
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
pullled this off lances's blog

:https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=EguV8VKbWaQ

UC vs Virginia Tech, Saturday.

Forbes: Best college football team for the money

1. Cincinnati BearcatCost per win: $1,601,055
3-year football expenses: $43.6 million
Conference: American Athletic Conference
Head coach: Tommy Tuberville
There isn't a program that has done more with less better than the Bearcats!
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #117
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
There isn't a program that has done more with less better than the Bearcats!
absolutely!!!
Old 01-03-2015, 06:45 AM   #118
bearcat8290

bearcat8290 is on a distinguished road
Mick said it doesn't benefit UC to play Dayton or Miami in home and home situations, but I think it does. I'd much rather see Dayton or Miami as opposed to Morehead State or Middle Tennessee State any day of the week. It's not the team, the coach or the arena, it's the opponents that are keeping the attendance at basketball down.

I think UC is in a great position for conference expansion because of the increased spending for facility upgrades. The football stadium changes and basketball proposals are putting us over the top. The conferences love the commitment from the athletic department. Also, recent changes with additional scholarships in many sports such as golf, cross country, swimming and diving, baseball etc have also helped our case showing our commitment.

Last edited by bearcat8290; 01-03-2015 at 06:56 AM.
bearcat8290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:54 AM   #119
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat8290 View Post
Mick said it doesn't benefit UC to play Dayton or Miami in home and home situations, but I think it does. I'd much rather see Dayton or Miami as opposed to Morehead State or Middle Tennessee State any day of the week. It's not the team, the coach or the arena, it's the opponents that are keeping the attendance at basketball down.

I think UC is in a great position for conference expansion because of the increased spending for facility upgrades. The football stadium changes and basketball proposals are putting us over the top. The conferences love the commitment from the athletic department. Also, recent changes with additional scholarships in many sports such as golf, cross country, swimming and diving, baseball etc have also helped our case showing our commitment.
The issue with Dayton and Miami are they want home and homes. There's only a handful of road games you want to play each year in the non conference so you can have more home games and you don't want to burn those on Miami and Dayton and Xavier every year.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:57 AM   #120
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
The issue with Dayton and Miami are they want home and homes. There's only a handful of road games you want to play each year in the non conference so you can have more home games and you don't want to burn those on Miami and Dayton and Xavier every year.
Agree but I miss the mythical Miami Valley Championship.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote