Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2016, 07:58 AM   #201
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
jason I wish I could say it only happens every once in awhile but the media is bought and paid for in this country. There is very little I read that I don't question. There are more Brian Williams they we would be led to believe.
I don't disagree with you. There is always an agenda. It is difficult to find journalism without bias.

I think the Enquirer needs to back off here. It's not like there is a competing paper in town that is going to get the story first. UC has historically not withheld anything so, if they are doing that here, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that there is a good reason.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:52 AM   #202
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I don't disagree with you. There is always an agenda. It is difficult to find journalism without bias.

I think the Enquirer needs to back off here. It's not like there is a competing paper in town that is going to get the story first. UC has historically not withheld anything so, if they are doing that here, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that there is a good reason.
We are being led like sheep in this country. I do agree the paper needs to back off.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:34 AM   #203
Bearcats1232002

Bearcats1232002 is on a distinguished road
Back together again like peas and carrots

I definitely don't think that the next two days will result in a press conference announcing expansion and UC being one of them. I have had my hopes dashed so many times that I am like Forrest Gump hoping for Jenny. I just like the fact that the big 12 is even discussing it and Oklahoma, being one of the power brokers of that conference, is adamant about pushing it. I think something will happen someday but who knows when and will it be favorable for UC. I put the odds at 50/50 and I can really see two candidates like Houston and UCF jumping in ahead of us.
Bearcats1232002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:39 AM   #204
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
I would be stunned if the Big 12 ever expands to include Cincinnati.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:40 AM   #205
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
WVU

Our hopes lie with West Virginia---IF they vote for expansion!
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:43 AM   #206
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
The Big 12 has fewer teams than any of the power conferences. They know in the long run they will not have 10 teams. Imo they should get out in front and be sure to be the next to expand to make sure they get their pick. I've always heard that eventually there could be 5 16 team power conferences. The Big 12 has a long way to go if that's ever going to happen.
As far as schools they'd pick...I doubt Texas will allow a 5th Texas school in the conference. BYU would spread that conference pretty far across the map. Seems like it'd be easier to bridge the gap to WV. But you have to bring something to the table to get the invite. If the Big 12 did expand, I'd be a little worried about Memphis and a Florida school.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:47 AM   #207
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Memphis scares me and let's be honest for a second. If UCONN had a decent football program we wouldn't even be in the conversation. Upgrading 5/3 arena helps our cause but don't think for a second the BIG 12 hasn't noticed our failures in football recruiting
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:14 AM   #208
Bearcats1232002

Bearcats1232002 is on a distinguished road
I don't think there will be 5 16-team power conferences. If that happens then we will be in one of those conferences. I think there will be 4 16-team super conferences and it worries me as to whether we will be there in one of those conferences.
Bearcats1232002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:46 AM   #209
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
I would be stunned if the Big 12 ever expands to include Cincinnati.
If the big 12 does in fact to chose to expand tho uc would for sure be in it IMO. I dont see the league expanding and not taking cinci
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:53 AM   #210
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Our athletic department and all the donnars have thrown out an insane amount of money for the athletic program. And when fifth third is done we will have some of the top notch facilities in the whole country. Nippert is beautiful, varsity village is, the new bball gym will be, the weight room and locker rooms are awesome. I do not think the plan is to put all this money in if they are not confident something will change conference wise. An invite to the the big 12 IMO would allow uc to explode in fan support and in recruiting, football would increase big big time. I personally think with our facilities if in the big 12 both supports would compete at an extremely high level. I will not put a time table on it but im very confident the big 12 will expand and add uc and one other team. it just makes to much sense not too expand to 12 while there are still schools with some things to offer
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote