Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2017, 07:57 PM   #71
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
Keith Williams form is not perfect but I think it is as good if not better than Washington's/ Scott's/ Jenifer's and yes Cumberland's set shot and three of the four named can and have gotten hot at times because they have arc on their shot- Scott will never make shots with that arc, just like Shaq Thomas couldn't. I don't know how many people have seen video on Logan Johnson but he has one the weirdest releases I have ever seen but at least it has arc.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:13 PM   #72
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
Just looked up Keith's stats on Maxpreps- he shot 51%on 2 pt. attempts- 35% on 3pt. attempts and 76%on free throws for the season his senior year.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 09:55 PM   #73
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I'm sorry for pointing out stats that are so uncomfortable for some. It's not like I'm anti-Williams. I hope he's the next Dwayne Wade. I mean, quiet this thread? Smh. Seriously? If he has 15, I'll be cheering as loudly as anyone. But that doesn't mean he has shot the ball well to this point. And I'm pretty sure this entire thread is meant to grade that, along with everything else. If we can't be critical of a guy shooting 12.5% from 3 and 35.7% from FT line, then what's the point of any of this? Why not just give every player an A+ no matter what and call it a day?
Just going through this thread now, but lets be honest. If Keith could shoot, he would not be playing in the AAC just like if Jake had a killer instinct he would not be at UC
Old 12-23-2017, 09:58 PM   #74
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Coach doesn't think so. And we are led to believe he knows more than we do.

But seriously he does seem like a low key guy most of the time
Cronin has said multiple times that he is harder on Jarron than anyone else, take that how you will
Old 12-24-2017, 06:40 AM   #75
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Cronin has said multiple times that he is harder on Jarron than anyone else, take that how you will
He plays the third most minutes behind Evans and Clark. Mick must think he is doing something right.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:00 AM   #76
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerOH View Post
Just looked up Keith's stats on Maxpreps- he shot 51%on 2 pt. attempts- 35% on 3pt. attempts and 76%on free throws for the season his senior year.
Yah...I'm not too worried about a slow start. We have seen players go through those before. Anyone remember last year...lol? Cumberland started off at 17.5% in his first 17 shots (9 games). KJ was 6 of his first 40 last year as a senior (15%).

My point is...he can still turn it around. I think Keith can make 1 out of 3 three pointers once he gets it going.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:37 AM   #77
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
He plays the third most minutes behind Evans and Clark. Mick must think he is doing something right.
I don't think it's any secret that Cronin likes to get the ball to the low post as often as he can. Evans and Cumberland are better at getting that job done from the wing than Cane will be because of height. Not to mention Cumberland can throw over the top cross court from time to time.

We have two very good post players and we need to take advantage of that if we are going to be using all of our weapons on offense. Cumberland hasn't been playing his best BB but assuming he can get that turned around we need him on the wing and Cane at PG. We all know what Cumberland is capable of.

The inside out game is going to work better with Evans and Cumberland playing on the wing. Passing around the perimeter is not really designed to find open 3's as much as it is trying to find a post guy that we can get it to on either side. The open 3's should come more from the inside out game or a PG penetrating the lane from the top of the key.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:20 AM   #78
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I don't think it's any secret that Cronin likes to get the ball to the low post as often as he can. Evans and Cumberland are better at getting that job done from the wing than Cane will be because of height. Not to mention Cumberland can throw over the top cross court from time to time.

We have two very good post players and we need to take advantage of that if we are going to be using all of our weapons on offense. Cumberland hasn't been playing his best BB but assuming he can get that turned around we need him on the wing and Cane at PG. We all know what Cumberland is capable of.

The inside out game is going to work better with Evans and Cumberland playing on the wing. Passing around the perimeter is not really designed to find open 3's as much as it is trying to find a post guy that we can get it to on either side. The open 3's should come more from the inside out game or a PG penetrating the lane from the top of the key.
Completely agree
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote