Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-31-2019, 11:03 AM   #191
cliftonballer

cliftonballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
Texas Tech has a better basketball program than us.....
They definitely have a better coach than us! Chris Beard is impressive. They lost their 2 best players this year and all they did is get better and go to the Final Four and maybe more. Similar talent level to us with a lot of 3-star recruits and a couple 4 stars. Especially their team last year, very similar to us. Beard went out and got a grad transfer in Mooney who runs the ship for them and isnt afraid to supplement the lockdown D with a few pure shooters. Mick could learn a lot from his approach but we know he never will.
cliftonballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:46 PM   #192
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftonballer View Post
They definitely have a better coach than us! Chris Beard is impressive. They lost their 2 best players this year and all they did is get better and go to the Final Four and maybe more. Similar talent level to us with a lot of 3-star recruits and a couple 4 stars. Especially their team last year, very similar to us. Beard went out and got a grad transfer in Mooney who runs the ship for them and isnt afraid to supplement the lockdown D with a few pure shooters. Mick could learn a lot from his approach but we know he never will.
They have also made the elite 8 and final 4 in the last 2 years. While winning the big 12 regular season. We have lost to Iowa and Nevada in the first 2 rounds.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 02:25 PM   #193
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I don’t think there is a difference between not making the tournament and losing the first weekend. If there is a difference, it’s not much
Tell that to the kids that don’t get to play in the tournament.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 02:33 PM   #194
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Can’t believe Bruce Pearl didn’t start the same 5 in the second half that he did in the first.... said something about in game adjustments. Watching mick coach so long I forgot you could do that.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:04 PM   #195
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Watching Pearl Vs. Cal coaching for the final four had me so thankful for a coach with no recruiting violations......
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:16 PM   #196
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Watching Pearl Vs. Cal coaching for the final four had me so thankful for a coach with no recruiting violations......
And thankful for a coach who guarantees u.c. fans will not be watching his team past the first weekend... I mean who could handle that stress.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:31 PM   #197
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
I see we're at that point in the year where fans battle it out to determine who can be the most sardonic.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:54 PM   #198
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
I see we're at that point in the year where fans battle it out to determine who can be the most sardonic.
I’m no longer a fan
Old 03-31-2019, 06:15 PM   #199
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Is it really any worse than when we have the same couple posters seeing who can slurp and suck the best while patting each other on the back for their fandom? At least some of these posts are funny
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 07:12 PM   #200
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Tell that to the kids that don’t get to play in the tournament.
Okay I will
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote