Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-23-2019, 08:27 AM   #1771
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
The dopes are the ones on this board that panic over everything. No one knows why Hardnett transfered... well at least no one on this board. No one knows what’s going on with Harvey...

Yet everyone makes these assumptions and pretty much have proven themselves wrong on multiple occasions.
Who pissed in ur conrflakes? We can't have opinions bro?
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 08:30 AM   #1772
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I agree, but I can see the concern about bad optics as well. Harvey was charged for a crime I'd guess many (if not most) teenage men have committed. He got unlucky in that he got caught and the charge was pursued. It shouldn't be a crime in my opinion.

But, because of his high rating, Harvey is going to get a lot of publicity. I could see a concern that the narrative will be that the only reason Brannen got his first 4-star guy is because of Harvey's criminal record. Perhaps there are concerns this will become a slippery slope of targeting high rated guys who have checkered pasts. The concern is the focus will be that we recruited a high-rated guy with a criminal record and the media will ignore the innocent nature of the "crime". Perhaps there is also concern about bad optics of forcing Hardnett out (regardless of if that is the case, I think the perception will be we forced Hardnett out if Harvey signs).

I'm starting to doubt Harvey will happen, the lack of action indicates that somebody higher up has concerns and is delaying/stopping the process. Apparently Harvey just unfollowed UC Men's Basketball on twitter as well (It was the only team basketball account he was following).
If he stopped following uc basketball on twitter, that isn’t a good sign.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:57 AM   #1773
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The dopes are the ones on this board that panic over everything. No one knows why Hardnett transfered... well at least no one on this board. No one knows what’s going on with Harvey...

Yet everyone makes these assumptions and pretty much have proven themselves wrong on multiple occasions.
You get used to it after a while lol
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 10:19 AM   #1774
z_bearcat

z_bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Everything is speculation on Harvey and the circumstances surrounding his recruitment. It certainly seems like he will not sign with UC. But unless/until any sort of announcement from any party is made, we are all left guessing.
z_bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:28 AM   #1775
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by z_bearcat View Post
Everything is speculation on Harvey and the circumstances surrounding his recruitment. It certainly seems like he will not sign with UC. But unless/until any sort of announcement from any party is made, we are all left guessing.
What are you basing it on when you say, it certainly seems he won’t sign with uc?
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:30 AM   #1776
KennyFreaselefteye

KennyFreaselefteye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What are you basing it on when you say, it certainly seems he won’t sign with uc?
He’s not coming per an inside source. He unfollowed UC hoops on twitter. That right there is an easy sign that we no longer matter to him. At least in terms of 2019.
KennyFreaselefteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:35 AM   #1777
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyFreaselefteye View Post
He’s not coming per an inside source. He unfollowed UC hoops on twitter. That right there is an easy sign that we no longer matter to him. At least in terms of 2019.
Makes sense. Thanks
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:53 AM   #1778
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Damn this puts out the fire we had going. It's couple 5* PG that have sit out this year I'll go after. If true I grade this off season D-.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:57 AM   #1779
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Cory Evans @rivals just forecasted Harvey to UC(has 86% accuracy)
Old 06-23-2019, 12:01 PM   #1780
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Cory Evans @rivals just forecasted Harvey to UC(has 86% accuracy)
maybe he was deleting the girl in his cell phone and by mistake unfollowed uc
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote