Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #11
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
I went to the shootout with a group of 3 other people and we all had student guest tickets and no one checked or asked me for an ID. None of us were students. Not sure if you had a different experience but I would think if they weren't checking during the sold out shootout there is no way they would check for the Rutgers game.
That's surprising since the game I went to had only 4,000 people there. I know they checked my brother's ID and tickets. It might depend on which door you went in.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #12
vielhaber

vielhaber is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
That's surprising since the game I went to had only 4,000 people there. I know they checked my brother's ID and tickets. It might depend on which door you went in.
Your best bet to get in without being stopped to present a Student ID would be East entrance. They're normally stricter on the west side.
vielhaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #13
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by vielhaber View Post
Your best bet to get in without being stopped to present a Student ID would be East entrance. They're normally stricter on the west side.
Good to know. I don't remember which side we went in for that game. The other thing I was thinking of was, since the lines weren't long to get in at the game I was at, they had no excuse not to check the IDs and tickets. The Shootout was sold out and they would have a lot of pissed off people if they missed the tip off because they were checking every ID.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #14
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Quote:
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but they do actively check student IDs for guest tickets as well. The student is supposed to be present with the guest when getting into the arena. You may want to bring your stub hub receipt just in case they give you any trouble. I went with my brother once this year and he had to be there with me to get me in the door. They checked his ID and then scanned the tickets.

Also, your wife's old ID won't do you any good for two reasons. First, the ID's have changed within the last year or two so unless she is a very recent grad, it won't be the same ID. Second, the name on the ID won't match the name on the ticket of the student so it won't matter anyway. Bring your receipt.

So if questioned on where the other students are, which do you think is better to say?

i bought it off stubhub + heres my receipt/email confirmation or

just say "were meeting them inside"
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #15
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Poe View Post
Does anyone know how you get floor seats, I want to get floor seats for senior night
Find someone who has them and ask if you can have one. Floor seats are $15,000 a year for 4 tickets. Some of the floor seats are given away to prominent alum and big time donors at no cost. Oscar gets 2 for every game at no charge. Oscar may not be going Senior night so you may want to ask him if you can have his.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #16
JasonS
Football Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervins84 View Post
So if questioned on where the other students are, which do you think is better to say?

i bought it off stubhub + heres my receipt/email confirmation or

just say "were meeting them inside"
I would say you bought them on Stub Hub and it never said they were student tickets. Here is my receipt.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #17
ervins84
Elite Member

Quote:
I would say you bought them on Stub Hub and it never said they were student tickets. Here is my receipt.
Thanks. I'll go with that if questioned. Gonna bank on being honest actually getting me a break one time. Fingers crossed and have my run good shoes on. Besides already got a sweet parking spot on calhoun so I like our chances given I'm a luckbox
Old 01-26-2011, 07:24 PM   #18
Bearcat Poe

Bearcat Poe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
Find someone who has them and ask if you can have one. Floor seats are $15,000 a year for 4 tickets. Some of the floor seats are given away to prominent alum and big time donors at no cost. Oscar gets 2 for every game at no charge. Oscar may not be going Senior night so you may want to ask him if you can have his.
Thanks Ralph, why don't you let him know I'm looking for him
Bearcat Poe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:32 PM   #19
ervins84
Elite Member

Weee in with no probs