Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
birdman

birdman is on a distinguished road
NBA Players?

Hey guys,

I'm doing some scouting for the NBA draft. Most of what I do involves objective evaluation, but I've learned that supplementing that information with subjective observations can be really helpful. And since it'd be impossible for me to watch every game of every team, I want to see if you guys would be willing to offer your opinions.

My initial questions are:

1. Which players (if any) on your team have a shot at being in the nba NEXT YEAR?

2. What are their chances of making the nba? (e.g. "there's a chance if he goes to europe for a few years and proves himself," "probably a first round pick," etc), and

3. How likely are they to stay in school despite having a shot at the nba?

For each of these players, I'll make new posts so you guys can elaborate on their strengths, weaknesses, etc and general observations throughout the season.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
Hey guys,

I'm doing some scouting for the NBA draft. Most of what I do involves objective evaluation, but I've learned that supplementing that information with subjective observations can be really helpful. And since it'd be impossible for me to watch every game of every team, I want to see if you guys would be willing to offer your opinions.

1. Which players (if any) on your team have a shot at being in the nba NEXT YEAR?

2. What are their chances of making the nba? (e.g. "there's a chance if he goes to europe for a few years and proves himself," "probably a first round pick," etc), and

For each of these players, I'll make new posts so you guys can elaborate on their strengths, weaknesses, etc and general observations throughout the season.

I would say at this point Sean Kilpatrick (senior) has a legit chance to get drafted (50-50 at this point). I think he was considering leaving last year but is looking even better this year and that year may help him quite a bit.

After that I would say Jermaine Lawrence (freshman) not this year but maybe as soon as next year depending on his progress. 6-9" with BB skills.

After that it's hard telling without seeing more playing time.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
Hey guys,

1. Senior guard Sean Kilpatrick is the only player on the roster that has a chance of being selected in the 2014 NBA draft. He is a 6 foot 4 shooting guard.

2. If Kilpatrick were to be drafted he would be in mid to late second round. I see him more as a productive overseas player that might be able to get a shot in the NBA.

3. He is a 5th year senior, he has no remaining eligibility.

(For future drafts you may want to keep an eye on 5* top 20 recruit in the class of 2013, 6 foot 9 Jermaine Lawrence).
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
birdman

birdman is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys, I'll add a thread for Kilpatrick.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #5
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
sean kilpatrick in m opinion will not only be drafted but he will produce in the nba i just wonder if he has the quickness to run the point in the nba i actually think he could be a pg/sg the patients he is showing is the type of game he will need if he plays in the nba. Jermaine Lawrence will be in the NBA but not after this year
Old 11-11-2013, 06:02 AM   #6
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Kilpatrick could have an NBA game similir to George Hill of the Pacers...Hill is a better ball handler but watching Hill makes me think of Killa in a multitude of ways.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Not sure I see where you guys are thinking point guard. His quickness and handling have improved, but are not enough to be an NBA point guard. He will be a 2 if he makes it. He has shown vast improvement through the first couple weeks, especially with shot selection.

It sounds obvious but his draft status all comes down to this season. He did enough the past three years to get in the conversation, but his play this season will completely dictate whether he is a solid pick or no-brainer headed overseas.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Kilpatrick will not be drafted but will for sure get invites to try outs. I see him as a productive player overseas. The NBA is all about creating for yourself whether you're a slasher or a shooter. Killa lacks the ball skills and all around athleticism to create his own space and that will be what keeps him from an NBA roster.

He'll no doubt make a small fortune overseas if he chooses to. His game will be a great compliment to the team style of pro ball played in many other countries.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote