Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What grade do you give the non-conference performance?
A 1 7.69%
B 4 30.77%
C 6 46.15%
D 2 15.38%
F 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2017, 10:34 AM   #21
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I can't believe people are giving them a B. Before the season most people thought this was a final 4 caliber team. Based on the Non conference (which was the question asked), have they looked like that at all? Florida, miss at, and Florida are not/ we're not good when we played them. None are ranked right now and Florida was only ranked because the pol didn't come out yet. 2-2 is fine for an average team but this team was supposed to be great. Can the turn it around? Yes. They might dominate the conference but based on the non conference, what was above average? (Which a B would be).
I still think this is a final four caliber team. So bringing it up again, UNC just lost to wofford, is their season over too? You act like because we lost to our RIVAL ON THE ROAD and lost to what was yes a beatable Florida team, but still a pretty good team none the less. Nobody is giving us an A, but a D? Really dude.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:36 AM   #22
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Bro what are you watching? Turn it around?
I mean are we 7-6 right now or something?? Lol what is going on here
Old 12-22-2017, 10:36 AM   #23
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
We beat them by 29 combined on the back end of a very tough stretch. I mean, if you watched the UCLA game and don't give credit for that performance, you have no idea how to appreciate good college basketball when it's right in front of you.
I give them credit. Good road win at ucla. but you have to take away credit the other 2. How much credit do you want for a average miss st team at home? Once again this is one of our 2 big wins and you want me to act like this is some kind of huge deal?
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:37 AM   #24
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Maybe it is a C, but how is it a B? Our expectations were through the roof and they haven't played great. 3-4 teams we played aren't that good. That's not me being negative, that's the truth. We looked like crap against Florida. Those 4 games are basically all we have to go on. You can't base anything off the other games the teams were so bad. Even in our tournament we struggled with buffalo. This is above average?
The way you talk you sound like we should be 20-0 in only 13 games to get a B.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:37 AM   #25
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Maybe it is a C, but how is it a B? Our expectations were through the roof and they haven't played great. 3-4 teams we played aren't that good. That's not me being negative, that's the truth. We looked like crap against Florida. Those 4 games are basically all we have to go on. You can't base anything off the other games the teams were so bad. Even in our tournament we struggled with buffalo. This is above average?
If we rank it a C then really the only way to make it a B would be to beat FLA and the only way to make it an A would be to have gone undefeated.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:38 AM   #26
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I still think this is a final four caliber team. So bringing it up again, UNC just lost to wofford, is their season over too? You act like because we lost to our RIVAL ON THE ROAD and lost to what was yes a beatable Florida team, but still a pretty good team none the less. Nobody is giving us an A, but a D? Really dude.
I literally said they can turn it around. Basing it strictly off non conference
Old 12-22-2017, 10:40 AM   #27
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
I give them credit. Good road win at ucla. but you have to take away credit the other 2. How much credit do you want for a average miss st team at home? Once again this is one of our 2 big wins and you want me to act like this is some kind of huge deal?
It's not some HUGE deal lol, a good win doesn't have to be a HUGE deal. You're writing it off as if we barely beat them, or as if they were another nobody, good schedule or not they were still undefeated when they came here. And UCLA whether they're great or not (still will be in tourney despite you saying they won't a million times), we went on the road and thoroughly dominated them for 30 straight minutes including what a 17-0 run.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:40 AM   #28
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
If we rank it a C then really the only way to make it a B would be to beat FLA and the only way to make it an A would be to have gone undefeated.

C factors in how they looked in those games. Xavier destroyed us. more weight is always going to get shifted to the games vs the better opponents.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:41 AM   #29
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Right, you out a Florida win on there, I give us an A- idk about a full on A lol just because we didn't play well at all at X
Old 12-22-2017, 10:43 AM   #30
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
The way you talk you sound like we should be 20-0 in only 13 games to get a B.
Sorry for the way I talk. It wasn't an above average non conference run for me. If you think those 2 wins are great, ok. You said ucla is 7-6. I said they were ok wins but that's all we got for a team with great expectations. And no I don't think we should be 20-0. Maybe 12-1 though with our schedule. Don't think that's to crazy