Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #11
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Something you guys might find interesting... I was looking at the schedule, and decided to look up our RPI (using ESPN) from last season. In 2012-13, we played 14 games against top-50 RPI opponents, going 5-9. This season, we are playing 11 games against top-50 RPI teams from last season. Even eliminating Louisville from the schedule leaves us with 9 top-50 RPI games, which is still more than a lot of major conference teams (especially from the Pac 12 and SEC).

Where our schedule takes a big hit is in 51-100 RPI games. We played 6 last season, going 4-2. This year we only have 2 -- Xavier and Nebraska.

Those games against NIT-type of teams are what can really elevate your RPI. New Mexico finished #2 last season partially on the strength of their 9-2 record against 51-100 teams.

I think there are a few teams, especially SMU, that are poised to really improve in our conference. I think around 9-10 games per season against top 50 teams is fine, but we need more games in the next tier. If you can go, say, 4-5 against the top 50 and 10-2 against 51-100, you're likely to finish in the top 10 RPI.

Basically, Cincinnati basketball is going to be just fine in the AAC, especially if the newcomers step up their programs a little.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #12
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
TV Breakdown:

ESPN/ESPN2: 8
Local (FSN OH): 8
CBSSN: 7
ESPNU: 5
ESPNews: 1
CBS: 1
Fox Sports 1: 1
Some good news, Time warner has made CBS Sports available on the regular digital package. No need to have to buy the channel. At least this is for Cincinnati.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cbs-sp...BSiA4AblHQtDMD
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #13
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
The FSN Ohio games have been announced:

Saturday, Nov. 16th at 2:00 p.m. vs. Appalachian State
Tuesday, Nov. 26th at 7:00 p.m. vs. UMass Lowell
Friday, Nov. 29th at 4:00 p.m. vs. Kennesaw State
Saturday, Dec. 21st at 2:00 p.m. vs. Middle Tennessee

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-b...102313aab.html
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #14
Robert
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
The FSN Ohio games have been announced:

Saturday, Nov. 16th at 2:00 p.m. vs. Appalachian State
Tuesday, Nov. 26th at 7:00 p.m. vs. UMass Lowell
Friday, Nov. 29th at 4:00 p.m. vs. Kennesaw State
Saturday, Dec. 21st at 2:00 p.m. vs. Middle Tennessee

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-b...102313aab.html
Anybody know for sure if the games will be on FSO in Columbus? I checked the Blue Jackets schedule and while there are games on Nov. 29th and Dec. 21st, they aren't until 7:00.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #15
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Better check if the Cavs play too. That is another potential conflict in cow town as well.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
Robert
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucdave View Post
Better check if the Cavs play too. That is another potential conflict in cow town as well.
Thanks for reminding me of that. I checked and it looks good there as well. If I recall, I was able to watch the games that were blacked out on FSO in Columbus on ESPN3... I don't think I missed a game last year except for a couple of work conflicts. I definitely prefer watching on TV though... my internet connection seems to be finicky, so when I watch something on ESPN3, I end up watching half the game on the lowest quality setting.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #17
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
I know its a hassle and everyone would rather watch on a giant flat screen. BUT, if the games get overshadowed by the cavs and bluejackets http://www.freevip.eu/sports/basketball.html should have the games.
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote