Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2017 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #31
Red_N_Black_Attack

Red_N_Black_Attack is on a distinguished road
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...php?p=21254316

From the O$U bboards this user MSURacerDT55 said the following:
" heck if I were Fickell I would target guys like Justin Hilliard, Jashon Cornell, Josh Alabi, James Clark, Alex Stump and Darius Slade, these are all guys who can play but are stuck in a logjam."

My perspective: This is an opinion on a forum, not a rumor. However, recruiting starts and ends with relationships to coaches...if these guys open up or announce intentions to transfer, then go after them. Tampering is probably not the right word, but unless they reach out, I would suggest our staff not attempt to recruit a player on another team's roster. There has to be a rule or eight about that.
Red_N_Black_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:29 PM   #32
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
There is also a rumor about the former 5-star kid from St. X. I believe he is a LB.
Yes Hilliard is who I was referring to. Apparently has a good relationship with LF and they over recruited the LB position like crazy and he may not see much PT.

Other name I heard is CB Norwood.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:49 PM   #33
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
This is a great pick up. Our program finally has some positive momentum again.
And some thought TT should get another year. With the right hire, things can change fast.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:29 PM   #34
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Headed to Mississippi Gulf Coast CC
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:54 PM   #35
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Headed to Mississippi Gulf Coast CC
Guessing he's not going to be a Bearcat. He'll graduate from there in December? January maybe and bigger programs will likely be after him.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:40 PM   #36
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
I think this has been in the works. Coach Huff has coached many players in the NFL. It will be good for him and make him more ready to be the UC QB for next two years. Just my thought.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:40 AM   #37
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
I think this has been in the works. Coach Huff has coached many players in the NFL. It will be good for him and make him more ready to be the UC QB for next two years. Just my thought.
Per twitter he was behind in his school work and couldn't enroll until December and he didn't want to sit out a year. This way he can play one year at JUCO then transfer where he will have 2 years in D1
Old 07-14-2017, 12:57 PM   #38
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Per twitter he was behind in his school work and couldn't enroll until December and he didn't want to sit out a year. This way he can play one year at JUCO then transfer where he will have 2 years in D1
Per Bearcatnews CLF said it is unlikely he will be back.

http://bearcatnews.com/forum/football-recruiting/355930-torrance-gibson-eligiblity]

Please remind me how to make the link work. Sorry
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:04 PM   #39
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
According to several sources on Twitter, Torrance is no longer a part of the Mississippi Gulf Coast football program. Report says he is still enrolled in classes there but not sure what all this means.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:35 PM   #40
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
According to several sources on Twitter, Torrance is no longer a part of the Mississippi Gulf Coast football program. Report says he is still enrolled in classes there but not sure what all this means.
Read he was in a qb battle to start. He probably didn't like competition and I also read come December he was going to try to play for a new college because he would have his credits.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.cleveland.com/osu/2017/07/torrance_gibson_former_ohio_st.amp

Last edited by Bearcatboy; 10-05-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote