Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-16-2023, 08:15 PM   #41
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
I'd say the same for Reed but I have yet still to see a single thing that he does well or has the potential to do well.
He handles the ball well for a freshman forward. We often put him in against the press and he only has a 12.4 turnover rate this year which is third on the team and better than the starting backcourt. He's a pretty good rebounder with the third best offensive rebounding rate on the team. Very small sample size and some of his misses have been wildly off, but he's made 42% from three so potential is there to turn into a volume shooter. He needs to learn to finish inside and become a better defender, but I think Reed looks decent for a three star freshman.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 09:56 PM   #42
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Roy Williams would not have done much better with the talent on this team.

I actually think they have the skill set, but not the IQ. And coaching does factor into that, but he's not out there making the plays for them.

I'm seeing a lot of missed opportunity on his part. But I'm just chalking this season up as a bad one overall and hoping next year's talent rises to the occasion.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 10:25 AM   #43
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
No accusations or discussions of UC players betting on games on this site.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 01:58 PM   #44
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
He handles the ball well for a freshman forward. We often put him in against the press and he only has a 12.4 turnover rate this year which is third on the team and better than the starting backcourt. He's a pretty good rebounder with the third best offensive rebounding rate on the team. Very small sample size and some of his misses have been wildly off, but he's made 42% from three so potential is there to turn into a volume shooter. He needs to learn to finish inside and become a better defender, but I think Reed looks decent for a three star freshman.
I think his (Josh) turnover rate probably has more to do with his ability to pass over defenders. Against a press or trap it's a get out of jail free card. We have some guys that can't even see over a defender let alone pass over them. UH and Memphis really did a number on us in the first games against them. Trapped DDJ a lot and MAW (and others had some pick 6 TO's). Dan and Josh can go over the top of a trap or press.

This seems to have been a strategy for Wes to get that length. It has come at a slight degrade in scoring but they will figure it out over time.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 01:18 PM   #45
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Terrible take again. If landers is the problem then every other player on this team is worthless. No one shows up to play, ddj and Davenport only player hero ball, ody has hands of stone, maw is a ghost, and that’s pretty much all we have. Blaming the only halfway consistent player is the dumbest take I’ve seen on this board since bulldog.

Wes is the real problem.
Here is breaking news Wes Miller is not playing. If he was we would probably be better.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 03:11 PM   #46
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
Here is breaking news Wes Miller is not playing. If he was we would probably be better.
Well, you finally made an accurate statement. Congratulations.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 07:33 AM   #47
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
No accusations or discussions of UC players betting on games on this site.
I apologize.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote