Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 05-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #11
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinejake View Post
Agreed. I think in the 4-3 Wolfe will do well instead of having to take on double teams every single play. Not that he didn't do great last year it's just we didn't really have a replacement for him as you wear down quickly in that role. I think the combination of Wolfe and Hughes will do well and Mills was productive last year. Also throw in Jordan Stepp to the mix and we could wind up with a solid DT rotation. DE is an area of concern but if Taylor is in fact eligible that could be a huge boost with him and Giordano as the bookends. Not much depth at DE, though Stewart looks like he'll play some combo of OLB/DE in certain situations. I like JK at MLB but I'm not completely sure how Dorian Davis will do in a full time role (seems a little undersized to me). It's clear that we aren't very deep at MLB as well. Who knows at what level JC transfer Robert Martin will be able to play at. Should be an interesting summer camp.
Wasn't Butch getting both JK and Walter Stewart prepared to play any one of the 3 LB spots this spring? I thought I heard that. It may have just been one of the two but I thought Butch wanted them to be able to play anywhere to help get the best 3 LBs on the field period.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #12
Racinejake

Racinejake will become famous soon enough
Not sure. I have a hard time seeing Stewart playing in the middle with his frame. I know Stewart worked at both DE and OLB depending on the defensive package. I think you'll see JK and Stewart both on the field at all times. The other guy who supposedly had a good spring but would benefit from putting on a little more meat is Maalik Bomar. Heard a lot of good things about him.
Racinejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #13
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I'll see if I can dig up the old article with the quote about lining up at all three spots. Maybe I was drunk and thought I read it?
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote