Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 02-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #21
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Duke and Ohio offered.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #22
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
There was a Nike Sparq combine held in Cleveland this weekend, and the results are posted on ESPN. There are a few relevant numbers from the results. (The athletes are given a "Sparq" rating at these events, which is a score based off their results at each event)

- Ohio DE Ifeadi Odenigbo finished 5th overall with a Sparq score of 109.02. This was Ifeadi's first combine, and he placed fifth overall out of hundreds and hundreds of kids.

40 Time: 4.62 Shuttle: 4.25 Vertical Jump: 33.5

- Ifeadi's teammate, OL Benny McGowan (6'4", 300 lbs) was the first offensive lineman to ever score over 100 on the Sparq scale. Ifeadi told me that Benny was injured for most of his season, which is why there aren't more schools after him, but he's a sleeper. Benny also happens to like Michigan, and has them in his top five. You can see a clip of his film here. McGowan is going to try to get in touch with the Michigan coaches soon. Keep an eye on him.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/tomvh-nike-sparq-results
Old 02-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #23
swg
Epic Member

Lack of familiarity isn't as much of an issue for Ohio State. The Buckeyes extended a scholarship offer Wednesday -- a development that many pundits believe is an ominous sign for all of the other programs giving chase. That's because Odenigbo's good friend and teammate, Michael Bennett, will be a Buckeye freshman next year. Even so, assuming Bennett's presence in Columbus ensures Odenigbo's might be a mistake.

"I talked to Mike (Wednesday) afternoon about it and he said he'd love to see him go to Ohio State, but he's not the type to bug him about it," Ullery told Scout.com. "It's about going through the process and he wants to make sure (Odenigbo) looks at everything, takes visits to the schools he really likes, and makes a decision in his own best interest. That's just the type of person Mike is."

Added Odenigbo: "The Ohio State offer was very special to me, and my heart started pounding when I heard about it. (But) there are other schools I'm interested in and I will be taking unofficial visits with my parents to different schools."

The talented youngster maintains that all of his suitors are on equal footing. Notre Dame (no offer), Northwestern, Illinois, and all of the other contenders will be evaluated thoroughly, especially when it comes to their scholastic reputations.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110217/...#ixzz1EJCi62E9
Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #24
swg
Epic Member

Reports that ND offered. They are in his top four along with OSU, Stanford, NW.
OSU may be leaning thus far. UC has an uphill battle here.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:05 AM   #25
swg
Epic Member

Vandy offered (Good luck with that one)
Old 08-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #26
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Named All-Midwest First Team Defense by ESPN Rise

http://rise.espn.go.com/football/art...it=GirlsSoccer
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote