Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2014 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #21
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Im going to go out on 2 limbs here. One, just watch couple video of Cobb and hits to say I'm impressed. He reminds me of a Chris Paul the way he plays. And two, this just makes you believe even more that Martin is a lock. Stewart is up in limbo and I'll call Haywood pretty much a no go, so Mick needs one other guard to fill out roster. If DeBerry or Strickland don't at least hurt us next year and we get both these guys we a have a top 10 team next year.
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:20 PM   #22
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
Im going to go out on 2 limbs here. One, just watch couple video of Cobb and hits to say I'm impressed. He reminds me of a Chris Paul the way he plays. And two, this just makes you believe even more that Martin is a lock. Stewart is up in limbo and I'll call Haywood pretty much a no go, so Mick needs one other guard to fill out roster. If DeBerry or Strickland don't at least hurt us next year and we get both these guys we a have a top 10 team next year.
Uh, why do you say that?
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:24 PM   #23
rallie25

rallie25 is on a distinguished road
Cobb is lights out from three point range!!! Reminds me of a quicker Steve Logan.
rallie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:26 PM   #24
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Uh, why do you say that?
Didn't visit and we bring another G before he visits. We should getting commit from one of these guys I say by Saturday.
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:37 PM   #25
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
That's my point. Young guys today don't want contact at all. If you show aggressiveness and go for dunk guys are going to get out your way or foul you.
my point was it doesn't have to be a dunk attempt to draw a foul. Body position is very important. The big difference in the game today is years ago you weren't racing down the lane trying to posterize someone because if you did you generally found yourself in the third row. The games used to be a lot more physical. It also was played with a lot more fundamentals. The game today is geared for the fans enjoyment. That means high flying dunks and long range jumpers. While I hate to find fault with Shaq he is the perfect example. Fans see all this promise in him because on occasion he throws down a monster dunk or a high flying dipsy do lay up. More often he goes long stretches without a rebound or being in the same zip code as the player he is defending. I prefer a player like SK who used body positioning and good fundamentals to draw contact and get to the line for a and one. Dunking is nice and it gets the crowd excited but I'll take a guy laying the ball over the front of the rim or kissing it off the glass for two as well. Those players seem to understand the game better by relying on technique to get it done rather then just being the better athlete. In the long run I think they will be the better all around player. Some of the best players of all time weren't the best athletes. Magic,Bird,Kareem,West,and the Big O were all fundamentally the best players on the floor. Of course you have guys who were both like Baylor,Jordan,Kobe.Lebron to name a few. The key is develop all your skills not just the ones that excite the fans.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #26
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
WaiteHoyt2, I'm sorry but that post was a whole bunch of nothing.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:19 PM   #27
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Article from a couple months ago...we're easily the best school going after him and it sounds like UC fits what he says he's looking for.

http://hoops247.com/index.php/juco-n...son-recruiting
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #28
TrillCosby

TrillCosby is on a distinguished road
That baseline floater is a thing of beauty.

There is also a video of him dunking on his YouTube channel, so he can dunk. Also, I'll just say this, Napier never dunked in traffic, if at all... So I'm not losing any sleep over whether a 6ft guard can dunk.
TrillCosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #29
TrillCosby

TrillCosby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Article from a couple months ago...we're easily the best school going after him and it sounds like UC fits what he says he's looking for.

http://hoops247.com/index.php/juco-n...son-recruiting
It also sounds like he fits what Cronin is looking for.

Last edited by TrillCosby; 05-07-2014 at 05:26 PM.
TrillCosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:33 PM   #30
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
WaiteHoyt2, I'm sorry but that post was a whole bunch of nothing.
Nothing to be sorry about. I'm sorry of it was a bit over your head. I was responding to bulldog01. Could be why it didn't make much sense to you.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote