lumberjack

lumberjack has a spectacular aura aboutlumberjack has a spectacular aura about
NIT Thread

NIT selection show 9pm on ESPNU.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
Not Guilty
Elite Member

Not Guilty is on a distinguished road
2 seed vs Weber St on Wednesday March 17th at 7:00pm on ESPN2.

A second round matchup with Dayton would be next.
Not Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Guilty View Post
2 seed vs Weber St on Wednesday March 17th at 7:00pm on ESPN2.

A second round matchup with Dayton would be next.
Weber has no impressive wins. They have a solid record with over 20 wins and they won the conference. I saw them play Montana. Totally choked away a win.

Yancy should have his way.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Weber has no impressive wins. They have a solid record with over 20 wins and they won the conference. I saw them play Montana. Totally choked away a win.

Yancy should have his way.
I'm more interested with the second round matchup against Dayton. However, I won't get ahead of myself just yet.

We can win this tournament if we play with energy and passion. We can lose on Wednesday if we go through the motions.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:41 PM   #5
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
My first thought.... Please dont lose to weber st.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
2nd seed is pretty good. They were projected as a 3 just two days ago.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:37 AM   #7
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
The No. 2 seed Bearcats will face 7th seed Weber State on Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Fifth Third Arena. The game will be televised on ESPN2.

"It would’ve been a tough way to end the season, to not get to play again," said UC head coach Mick Cronin. "This is a new chapter for us. We’re excited to play again in front of our fans."

The NIT Final Four will be held March 30-April 1 at Madison Square Garden, the site of the Bearcats’ Big East Tournament run that largely was responsible for them clinching a postseason bid.

"We’re going to attack the NIT with the same mindset that we went into the Big East Tournament with," Cronin said. "Our goal is to win the tournament. We’re going to talk about what we need to do to get back to New York."

Illinois, Arizona State, Virginia Tech and Mississippi State, which lost in overtime to Kentucky in the SEC title game on Sunday, earned No. 1 seeds.

North Carolina, the defending NCAA Tournament champion, received a No. 4 seed in the NIT, marking the second time in three years that the defending champion has missed the NCAA Tournament.

UC (18-15) was one of five Big East Conference schools to get NIT bids, along with Connecticut, St. John’s, Seton Hall, and South Florida. Earlier Sunday, eight Big East teams earned NCAA Tournament berths.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...r+State+in+NIT
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:23 AM   #8
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
I have my concerns with dayton but feel pretty good about Weber St. I think we just play our game and we will be fine.

I would press them all game long.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:11 AM   #9
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Got my tickets. Section 115.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #10
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
got my tickets as well... it was a birthday present from my girlfriend (my bday is tomorrow) but we are also in section 115 Row 11 seats 1-2
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote