Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 10-17-2019, 12:53 PM   #41
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I mean, If they Foul Chris Vogt, he aint making em either... I think he shot 38% from the line last season at NKU
36.8% for his career. we need a nsoseme like double of that. of course nsoseme only went from 20% to 40%.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:00 PM   #42
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
36.8% for his career. we need a nsoseme like double of that. of course nsoseme only went from 20% to 40%.
I mean if missed free throws are an issue then you will be very frustrated with CJB’s teams. For what ever reason, his teams can hit 3’s but also shoot very very poorly from the free throw line.

His team was 303 in free throw percentage last year. Only once in 4 years have his teams shot over 70%. So it’s just something he doesn’t emphasize in practice
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:06 PM   #43
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I mean if missed free throws are an issue then you will be very frustrated with CJB’s teams. For what ever reason, his teams can hit 3’s but also shoot very very poorly from the free throw line.

His team was 303 in free throw percentage last year. Only once in 4 years have his teams shot over 70%. So it’s just something he doesn’t emphasize in practice

i think we're use to it here. we've been under 70% 2 of the last 4 years and last year was 70.4% (and the other was 70.5).
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:15 AM   #44
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I mean, If they Foul Chris Vogt, he aint making em either... I think he shot 38% from the line last season at NKU

While I will agree Vogt isnt the best either...Hes still miles better than harris in that area. Vogt had a few games where he made 4 free throws. Harris made 6 all year lol
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:00 AM   #45
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I still have to see it to believe it from McNeal. His historical stats don't really look good. A low-percentage/high volume three point shooter and a not that impressive assist/TO ratio. All against weaker competition than he will face here. To me, he is very similar to Sorolla/Vogt, guys who I don't expect much from, but hope to be surprised.

I'd say Jarron, Scott and Williams are our obvious top three guys. After than, I'd guess that Jaevin and Diarra are going to be our two next best players.

Besides those five, I'd say the other guys are all unproven for one reason or another (though you could argue Jaevin and Diarra are also unproven). I'm hoping 2 or 3 of them are good enough to provide quality minutes. I'd say McNeal, Moore, Harvey and Sorolla are the most likely to be able to do that, but they need to prove it on the court.
He made 3 very good moves to get by guys and get an easy layup, he’s very quick off the dribble. He’s gonna do just fine. He was the player I was most impressed with that night.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:02 AM   #46
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
He made 3 very good moves to get by guys and get an easy layup, he’s very quick off the dribble. He’s gonna do just fine. He was the player I was most impressed with that night.
He was impressive. But very little paint defense was played. There clearly a no contact direction given on shots around the basket
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:21 AM   #47
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He was impressive. But very little paint defense was played. There clearly a no contact direction given on shots around the basket
If you watch his mix tapes it's a common theme with him getting to the rim. His issues seem to be assist to turnover and 3% and they aren't awful but not great either. Perhaps being put in a little bit smaller role will help him with both. I would like to see a 2.5:1 ratio and 35% plus from 3. I would probably settle for 2:1 at the pace we will play and 33% from 3 knowing we will be attempting more of them than in the past.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:10 PM   #48
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah he’s definitely going to get more contact in a real game, but that just means foul shots. I was impressed mostly with his first step, he got by a few people pretty easily. Again, just a scrimmage, but I like what I saw for sure
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:14 PM   #49
HarryBosch

HarryBosch is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Good free throw shooting comes from practice, practice, practice. When K-Mart got here he couldn't make a free throw if he sat on top of the backboard. When he left he was a decent free throw shooter.
HarryBosch is offline   Reply With Quote