Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cincinnati Pro Sports

Old 07-01-2016, 02:52 PM   #11
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
They will be heavily involved in the Cuban market and they WILL make a huge surprise signing.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:15 AM   #12
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Reds reach deal with Cuban infielder Rodriguez
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:56 AM   #13
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
Reds reach deal with Cuban infielder Rodriguez
Yeah about time they finalize that deal.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:15 AM   #14
Red_N_Black_Attack

Red_N_Black_Attack is on a distinguished road
Do the Reds really want to trade Jay Bruce? I think their hands are tied by BP and have to cut payroll, but it'd be better for the team if Brandon were gone.

This organization is building for the not too distant future (2018). Jay will be 31 and could be one of the veteran presences a young talented team needs, along with Joey, Homer, and Devin (if he can get/stay healthy). BP has no place in the 2018 Reds. Duvall has a hold on LF. Other than those veterens mentioned, there are several question marks with E Suarez at 3B, Peraza at 2B.,CF as I think Billy Hamilton will be a back-up OF and off the bench pinch runner They have other youngsters in OF (Right and Left look much more loaded than Center). I see the first round pick switching to 1B and backing up (eventually taking over) for Joey or pushing Suarez.. There will be serious questions on this team at SS, 2B, possibly CF and 3B adding to the health question at catcher - Can the Reds afford to go completely young in the outfield and relatively young infield together with a young pitching staff.

MLPPA has struck gold with guaranteed contracts, but it is forcing the Reds to keep BP beyond his worth and lose a stud like Jay Bruce. I understand trading Zack a little better because they have young infielders who can field. Hitting from the SS is a luxury and I'm fine with the young SS learning to hit as long as the D is there and there is a hitting CF.

As a Reds fan I look to the future with a ton more potential than the present, but the only guarantees are contracts of players they can't trade due to the 10 and 5 rule. The success and health are not guaranteed for any of the youngsters.

Thanks for reading my long winded plea to keep Jay and Rant about Brandon Phillips.
Red_N_Black_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:59 AM   #15
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_N_Black_Attack View Post
Do the Reds really want to trade Jay Bruce? I think their hands are tied by BP and have to cut payroll, but it'd be better for the team if Brandon were gone.

This organization is building for the not too distant future (2018). Jay will be 31 and could be one of the veteran presences a young talented team needs, along with Joey, Homer, and Devin (if he can get/stay healthy). BP has no place in the 2018 Reds. Duvall has a hold on LF. Other than those veterens mentioned, there are several question marks with E Suarez at 3B, Peraza at 2B.,CF as I think Billy Hamilton will be a back-up OF and off the bench pinch runner They have other youngsters in OF (Right and Left look much more loaded than Center). I see the first round pick switching to 1B and backing up (eventually taking over) for Joey or pushing Suarez.. There will be serious questions on this team at SS, 2B, possibly CF and 3B adding to the health question at catcher - Can the Reds afford to go completely young in the outfield and relatively young infield together with a young pitching staff.

MLPPA has struck gold with guaranteed contracts, but it is forcing the Reds to keep BP beyond his worth and lose a stud like Jay Bruce. I understand trading Zack a little better because they have young infielders who can field. Hitting from the SS is a luxury and I'm fine with the young SS learning to hit as long as the D is there and there is a hitting CF.

As a Reds fan I look to the future with a ton more potential than the present, but the only guarantees are contracts of players they can't trade due to the 10 and 5 rule. The success and health are not guaranteed for any of the youngsters.

Thanks for reading my long winded plea to keep Jay and Rant about Brandon Phillips.
I have enjoyed watching both BP and Bruce play for the Reds but both have seen better days as players and in a market like the reds can not afford to lock up players looking for long term deals heading into mid 30's. It is biting them with Votto and BP. Bruce will demand lots of dollars and that means lots of years. The reds are at least 2 years away from contending again. Paying Bruce big money on a rebuild is not something I would do. Winker is being groomed to take his spot right now.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:02 AM   #16
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_N_Black_Attack View Post

http://redsminorleagues.com/

Here is a link you may enjoy to a very good site concerning reds minor leagues with lots of good conversation on the parent club and more.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:25 PM   #17
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

Bruce doesn't want to be part of the rebuild and his recent comments have made that crystal clear.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:30 PM   #18
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Bruce doesn't want to be part of the rebuild and his recent comments have made that crystal clear.
Why would he? He stands to get a big payday on open market playing for a team he chooses.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:54 PM   #19
xlax

xlax is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
There's a rumor going around that bruce will be a dodger by Sunday afternoon so we will see about that
Dodgers:bruce, ohlendorf
Reds:verdugo, Calhoun, German
You're still spewing this garbage? Just a heads up for those who don't know your history of insider info on the reds:

Quote:
I know this is a bearcat board but I also follow the reds closely and the Reds and going to announce in next day that Brandon Phillips and homer bailey were traded to Dodgers for Matt Kemp so what you guys think?
Quote:
It's not out yet you heard it hear first check all the sites you want but within the next day and you hear of this trade just remember where you heard it first. I don't mean to be rude but I just can't say at this time I was just wondering what everyone thought of Kemp as are # 4 hitter between Votto and Bruce pretty scary.
Quote:
It's true that's also why the reds are moving toward signing Infante to play 2nd. Aldo said you heard it here first can't name source yet.
Quote:
Okay here's the deal the Dodgers will receive Phillips and Bailey and are working on ext. Bailey right now and the Reds will get Kemp and 18 million from Dodgers to cover some of Kemp 100 million. Will be official and announced by 8pm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax View Post
Mark my words: Within the next 24 hours that twitter account and/or Bearcatboy will be explaining why the deal fell apart at the last moment.
^^ In reply to this:

Quote:
Dodgers are already working on ext with bailey, moving right along.
Quote:
Bailey is gone he wants free agent money now that's not going to happen the REDS do not want Phillips or bailey. Hamilton will be in cf and kemp will be in lf.
^^Bailey has since signed an extension with the Reds.

Quote:
The deal is still in the works because the dodgers are working an ext. with bailey the REPORTERS are NOT ALOUD to announce a trade if a team is working with a traded player on an ext. This trade will be announced tonight or this weekend (I know I know hate me w/e) but it will be announced I will leave this board tonight if the trade is not announced and not return in till it is announced this weekend and if for some slim chance it doesn't happen I will not return and honor your deal.
^^ That one is my personal favorite.
xlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:23 PM   #20
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Come on Nick you know i do it because you like to read it.....

Last edited by Bearcatboy; 07-13-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote