Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-04-2018, 12:59 PM   #1
MacBearcat
Banned

MacBearcat is on a distinguished road
24/7 Sports

Are these pages just not updated properly or why do they still have Tyler Harris showing as a warm interest in UC for 2018? I was told on here by Brendel that UC isn't even recruiting him anymore?
MacBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:05 PM   #2
GuyfromNKY

GuyfromNKY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBearcat View Post
Are these pages just not updated properly or why do they still have Tyler Harris showing as a warm interest in UC for 2018? I was told on here by Brendel that UC isn't even recruiting him anymore?
I'm pretty confident Chad and his team don't have the ability to edit a players page. That is left to the national guys.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
GuyfromNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:10 PM   #3
MacBearcat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyfromNKY View Post
I'm pretty confident Chad and his team don't have the ability to edit a players page. That is left to the national guys.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
No I think you're right. It's just when I brought him up last time he posted that we were not pursuing him, therefore I thought that meant no chance. If he's still warm a month later with no edit I'd say we may still be looking at him/he's looking at us...
Old 01-04-2018, 01:14 PM   #4
GuyfromNKY

GuyfromNKY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No I think you're right. It's just when I brought him up last time he posted that we were not pursuing him, therefore I thought that meant no chance. If he's still warm a month later with no edit I'd say we may still be looking at him/he's looking at us...
I trust Chad on this. If he says UC no longer has interest then I am not going to let Harris' 247 page change my opinion. I feel pretty safe saying the national guys probably don't know as much about Harris and UC than Chad does.
GuyfromNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:36 PM   #5
MacBearcat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyfromNKY View Post
I trust Chad on this. If he says UC no longer has interest then I am not going to let Harris' 247 page change my opinion. I feel pretty safe saying the national guys probably don't know as much about Harris and UC than Chad does.
Yeah, most likely. I don't know either way that's why I use those sites as a reference to check in on. Kinda seems like we should've considered him as he is rated higher than Logan.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:57 PM   #6
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Yeah, most likely. I don't know either way that's why I use those sites as a reference to check in on. Kinda seems like we should've considered him as he is rated higher than Logan.
UC's staff doesn't care about the rankings. They are looking for quality players that fit their system and their vision of what it means to be a Bearcat. That's how you end up with players like Clark and Evans. They may have liked Harris (I don't know) but realized that they weren't going to get him and focused elsewhere. Or, they decided they liked Logan Johnson better and didn't focus on Harris or another player. UC's staff has earned my trust regarding the players they are going after and bringing in.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:17 PM   #7
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
UC's staff doesn't care about the rankings. They are looking for quality players that fit their system and their vision of what it means to be a Bearcat. That's how you end up with players like Clark and Evans. They may have liked Harris (I don't know) but realized that they weren't going to get him and focused elsewhere. Or, they decided they liked Logan Johnson better and didn't focus on Harris or another player. UC's staff has earned my trust regarding the players they are going after and bringing in.
I feel like we got a look at Logan Johnson and latched onto him pretty quickly. Seems like he was top priority.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote