Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
AAC Tournament Quarterfinals: Temple

Friday, March 10th, 2023
3:00 PM
ESPN2
Dickies Arena

The Bearcats (19-11 [11-7 AAC], NET #76, KenPom #63) travel to Fort Worth to take on Temple (16-15, [10-8 AAC], NET #118, KenPom #111) in the #4 vs #5 game of their final AAC tournament before moving onto the Big 12 next season.

Since Temple's 88-83 OT loss to UC on February 22nd, the Owls defeated UCF at home (57-55) on a game-winning lay-up at the buzzer and lost at Tulane (83-82) after their game-winning lay-up attempt was blocked in the final seconds of the game.

Temple played both games without 4th-year guard Khalif Battle who has not been with the team since their February 16th game against Wichita St.

A loss on Friday could possibly mark an end to the Bearcats' 22/23 season with a NIT at-large bid far from guaranteed.

The winner of this match-up will play Saturday at 3 pm against the winner of #1 Houston vs #8 USF/#9 ECU.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 03:38 PM   #2
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Khalif Battle is no longer on the team. Big blow for them. I'm not aware of the situation, so I don't know if there was a bigger issue or if this kid just got a bug up his butt.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 03:42 PM   #3
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
For the sake of the older kids—and Wes honestly—I hope they go much further.

But this team has been so inconsistent, I'm okay if this just fades and we hope for better players moving forward. I'll sure be glad to leave the AAC, and hope that's never the excuse for not being able to recruit again.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 09:15 AM   #4
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Temple has been a tough matchup for us. Their big guards give us problems. Maybe the tournament environment will shake things up.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 10:10 AM   #5
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Seems a little high given the recent history between the two teams but with how erratic Temple has been this season, I certainly get why we're the favorites.
Old 03-10-2023, 11:37 AM   #6
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

-5.5 does seem high. Torvik has the Bearcats winning 73-69, and they have us ranked higher than others like Kenpom and EvanMiya.
Old 03-10-2023, 03:09 PM   #7
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

19-5 run here
Old 03-10-2023, 03:41 PM   #8
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Great defense in that half. I like that we brought a double to Dunn on the final possession.
Old 03-10-2023, 03:51 PM   #9
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Defensive masterclass since the 13-minute mark of the 1st half. Need to stay focused on getting good shots on offense. Would hate to get complacent and let Temple back into the game after a few bad possessions.
Old 03-10-2023, 04:23 PM   #10
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
-5.5 does seem high. Torvik has the Bearcats winning 73-69, and they have us ranked higher than others like Kenpom and EvanMiya.
I hope nobody took the points based on this horrible take.