Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2019, 10:16 AM   #1
justinhub2003
Epic Member
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,752
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
2019-2020 Open Thread

The NCAA released its first NET ranking


Translation: Oh How the mighty have fallen

We check in at #110


Which is worse than WSU, Memphis, UCONN, Houston, Temple, UCF, SMU


And only 11 spots ahead of Tulsa and 17 ahead of Tulane.


What a turn around for new head coach Ron Hunter... What a fall from from Grace for the bearcats.


https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi...15,%202019.pdf


Last edited by justinhub2003; 12-16-2019 at 10:19 AM.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:57 AM   #2
KennyFreaselefteye
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 19
KennyFreaselefteye is on a distinguished road
I will bet you my mortgage that we are better than Tulane by seasons end. If you donít think so then you may be the worlds biggest idiot.
KennyFreaselefteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:59 AM   #3
justinhub2003
Epic Member
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,752
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyFreaselefteye View Post
I will bet you my mortgage that we are better than Tulane by seasons end. If you donít think so then you may be the worlds biggest idiot.
Iím not making any predictions, only calling it like I see it.

Weíre the 8th best team in our league and canít seem to figure a gameplan for the 2nd half.

I want more than anything to beat Tennessee & Iowa, because it would put us up 40 spots in NET
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:53 AM   #4
Quadri's #1 fan
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 68
Quadri's #1 fan is on a distinguished road
Well it's time to board up the Gym. It's unfortunate but obviously the season is over. I mean it's pretty much just like the last decade no March Success :')
Quadri's #1 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 12:11 PM   #5
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8,040
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
The NCAA released its first NET ranking


Translation: Oh How the mighty have fallen

We check in at #110


Which is worse than WSU, Memphis, UCONN, Houston, Temple, UCF, SMU


And only 11 spots ahead of Tulsa and 17 ahead of Tulane.


What a turn around for new head coach Ron Hunter... What a fall from from Grace for the bearcats.


https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi...15,%202019.pdf
Not a big surprise here. We aren't playing well at all.

Game by game...hope we can turn it up but I am not counting on a drastic change in the short term. Long term I can only hope we can improve a great deal.

it is what it is...take it on the chin and hold out hope
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 12:14 PM   #6
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8,040
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Time for a team meeting with and without the coach. The players have to make sure they are all willing to give 100% from here on out. Even when they get tired in the 2nd half or the other team goes on a run. We need to punch back and we are not right now

Shake up the lineup...do something to spark the fire
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 12:43 PM   #7
justinhub2003
Epic Member
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,752
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadri's #1 fan View Post
Well it's time to board up the Gym. It's unfortunate but obviously the season is over. I mean it's pretty much just like the last decade no March Success :')
Youíre right.

I mean who wants to lose games in the ncaa tourney when we can win the CBI ?

At least we can hang a banner
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:09 PM   #8
sedziobs
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,171
sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Current quadrant records:

Q1 0-2
Q2 0-0
Q3 3-1
Q4 3-1

Our next four games are Q1 or Q2 opponents. We may be barely ahead of Tulane, but that means they are a chance for a quality win.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:12 PM   #9
cincyalum2014
Senior Member
 
cincyalum2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 489
cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Youíre right.

I mean who wants to lose games in the ncaa tourney when we can win the CBI ?

At least we can hang a banner
2020 CBI championship... Cincinnati Bearcats vs UCLA... UCLA is up 1 with 4seconds left, Jarron takes the inbound and just chucks the ball out of bounds solidifying UCLA's first ever CBI championship, the crowd goes wild, Jarron and Mick hug at mid court
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:24 PM   #10
justinhub2003
Epic Member
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,752
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
2020 CBI championship... Cincinnati Bearcats vs UCLA... UCLA is up 1 with 4seconds left, Jarron takes the inbound and just chucks the ball out of bounds solidifying UCLA's first ever CBI championship, the crowd goes wild, Jarron and Mick hug at mid court

Sounds epic.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.