Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-17-2020, 12:56 PM   #101
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
With today's win, Tre Scott tied Gary Clark for 2nd most career wins at UC with 105 (Cumberland trails him by 2, with 103 career wins), Steve Logan holds the record with 111.

Tre Scott is also now averaging a double-double, though just barely (he has 250 rebounds in 25 games).
Since the first Memphis game he’s averaging something like 15.5 pts and 12.5 rebounds. He felt he let the team down but since then he’s put himself on more pro radars. Crazy good turn around!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:37 PM   #102
bearcat1518

bearcat1518 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Holy Shit you couldn’t be more wrong. All he can do is shoot 3s? Lmao
A defensive liability for sure (as evidenced by Brannen subbing him out in key situations). A 50% FT shooter since the new year (that’s atrocious even for a big man, yet alone a shooting guard). Zero assists in last five games. Too short to rebound. Hardly dives for loose balls or boxes out. Hasn’t hit a non-3 point field goal since the Tulsa game on 1/8.

Please enlighten us as to what we are missing with Jaevin outside of his all or nothing 3 point shooting?

Last edited by bearcat1518; 02-17-2020 at 03:19 PM.
bearcat1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:28 PM   #103
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat1518 View Post
A defensive liability for sure (as evidenced by Brannen subbing him out in key situations). A 50% FT shooter since the new year (that’s atrocious even for a big man, yet alone a shooting guard). Zero assists in last five games. Too short to rebound. Hardly dives for loose balls or boxes out. Hasn’t hit a non-3 point field goal since the Tulsa game on 1/8.

Please enlighten us as to what we are missing with Jaevin outside of his all or nothing 3 point shooting?

on a team that turns the ball over at an alarming rate, he has the lowest TORate.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:51 PM   #104
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
on a team that turns the ball over at an alarming rate, he has the lowest TORate.
He just shoots. Hard to turn the ball over if he just shoots. If the shot isn’t there, he passes it right back. He’s a guy you put in to see if he’s hot. If he is, he can change the game. If he isn’t, he doesn’t do much else. Still valuable to have, especially against teams playing zone. It’s why great shooting is valuable. They just have to stand there, and teams have to respect them.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:57 PM   #105
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
It wasn't a great game but you learn a few things in almost any close game like that. Tre has come up big in the last 3 OT games. Keith was put in a closer role once JC went down and he stepped up. Harvey was willing to take a very crucial shot without hesitation and drained it. Woods has been good in the last couple of games. We had to close a game out without our star and we found out we could still get the job done. That stuff will be valuable for those players put in a more significant role.
I’d love to see Keith spend the whole offseason working on his ball-handling. If he could improve it at all he could be an all league player next year. He’s going to have the ball a lot next year.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:43 PM   #106
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I dunno what the argument is. But every player on this team is needed . Jaevin can literally change a game in the blink of an eye with his shooting.

We didn’t recruit him to defend or rebounder or pass the ball.

He was brought in as a grad transfer from a much lower level because he has one game changing attribute and that’s to shoot the basketball.

If I remember correctly Jaevin hit 3 huge 3’s against Memphis to help us win.

He banged in 3 threes against Wichita state too

He’s an off the bench shooter. And he’s don’t that well
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:58 PM   #107
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I dunno what the argument is. But every player on this team is needed . Jaevin can literally change a game in the blink of an eye with his shooting.

He was brought in as a grad transfer from a much lower level because he has one game changing attribute and that’s to shoot the basketball.

i don't really know either, one guy just wanted to bash jaevin.

before last game when he was sick he hit 3 3's vs wichita state, uconn, and memphis. without him we'd be 1-3 in our last 4 games.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:23 PM   #108
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:

I didn't think it was an argument. I stated he's a valuable piece but he also doesn't do much more. Which is fine. We need his shooting. I thought that was all the other guy was saying also.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:34 AM   #109
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:

He can be a game changer. Vogt can be a game changer. They are both deficient in many other areas...but they are very good at 1 or 2 things that make them dangerous. Even when JC2 is not shooting (or making 3's) the other team still needs to know exactly where he is on the floor. Even when Vogt is not scoring he is still getting doubled.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:37 AM   #110
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I’d love to see Keith spend the whole offseason working on his ball-handling. If he could improve it at all he could be an all league player next year. He’s going to have the ball a lot next year.
I think that would really help him too. Keep working on his shot too. His 3 ball came a long way. He can play in the league with his athleticism. Just needs a little more to add to his game