ready2go is on a distinguished road
Take it for what its worth.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/sports/2...oach-buckeyes/
ready2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #12
ready2go
Elite Member

Halftime of the OSU vs Duke game on ESPN.

Next OSU coach to be announced?
Old 11-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #13
ready2go
Elite Member

I broke the story here first. I deserve some kind of award for letting you guys in on such inside info
Old 11-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #14
ready2go
Elite Member

Also Fickell will be the d coordinator. So sorry Ralph, he will not be a Bearcat

Press conference at 515

6 yr 24 million
Old 11-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #15
ready2go
Elite Member

Ok seriously...

Although you guys do not care, I broke this info before any media outlet. I derserve to be the moderator of the Huggins Inn
Old 11-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #16
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
I repped you.

How quick do you expect OSU to be in the NC talks? as early as next year or the year after? Keeping Fickle was the right thing to do. As a Michigan fan, it will hurt the Wolverines recruiting big time in Ohio. (Just as they started to dominate Ohio with Hoke).

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #17
ready2go
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontMissHim View Post
I repped you.

How quick do you expect OSU to be in the NC talks? as early as next year or the year after? Keeping Fickle was the right thing to do. As a Michigan fan, it will hurt the Wolverines recruiting big time in Ohio. (Just as they started to dominate Ohio with Hoke).
I would say the year after. Although the people actually living in Cbus may have a different opinion. Urbans #1 priority at Florida was to recruit speed. Other than Braxton Miller and Jordan Hall, the skilled guys dont posses great speed. Urban will have to go after some slot guys and a burner on the outside.

According to another source Fickell may take a job elsewhere. Apparently Urban is looking at a couple of D coordinators, Mike Stoops and some others. Not sure he has Fickell as a candidate or just offering him a position out of gratitude

As far as recruiting goes, who knows. I'd like to see some Ohio guys on Michigan and vise versa. It def adds to the rivalry. Many expect Urban to hit the south harder than previous OSU coaches

Last edited by ready2go; 11-28-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #18
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Urban Meyer is unbelievable. I don't know how the guy doesn't get called on the BS he is spewing. He just said he quit last year because he didn't like the state of college football and the direction it was headed. Uh, yeah, ok. If you believe that, I have a bridge for sale. Any takers? It is the one on 75 connecting Cincinnati to Northern Kentucky. I'll give you a good deal.

So, the guy who had 30 players arrested in 6 years at Florida is now taking over for a program that is looking at a failure to monitor allegation and he didn't like the state of college football LAST YEAR? So, issues at Miami, Penn State, Ohio State, North Carolina and others I am sure I am missing in the last year or less means that the direction of college football is back on track? Oh, that's good to know. Stupid me. I thought the college football world with all this realignment was essentially coming to an end. Now that good 'ol Urb is back, we have nothing to worry about. Unbelievable.

He should just say what we already know. He saw that his team at Florida was going to get trounced in the SEC this season and decided it would be better if he quit and blamed it on family and health than take his lumps and have to rebuild a program in the SEC. He left one of the two best jobs in college football to be work for ESPN...er, I mean be with his family until another job opened up. Brilliant if you ask me. Tebow leaves and you realize it is time to bail too and you come out smelling like a rose. I personally think Urban will either win big and die doing it, or be above average at OSU and have a rabbib fan base all over him in 3 years. Call me cynical, but I don't see a NC at OSU with Urban Meyer as coach.

Last edited by JasonS; 11-29-2011 at 11:48 AM.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #19
ready2go
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Urban Meyer is unbelievable. I don't know how the guy doesn't get called on the BS he is spewing. He just said he quit last year because he didn't like the state of college football and the direction it was headed. Uh, yeah, ok. If you believe that, I have a bridge for sale. Any takers? It is the one on 75 connecting Cincinnati to Northern Kentucky. I'll give you a good deal.

So, the guy who had 30 players arrested in 6 years at Florida is now taking over for a program that is looking at a failure to monitor allegation and he didn't like the state of college football LAST YEAR? So, issues at Miami, Penn State, Ohio State, North Carolina and others I am sure I am missing in the last year or less means that the direction of college football is back on track? Oh, that's good to know. Stupid me. I thought the college football world with all this realignment was essentially coming to an end. Now that good 'ol Urb is back, we have nothing to worry about. Unbelievable.

He should just say what we already know. He saw that his team at Florida was going to get trounced in the SEC this season and decided it would be better if he quit and blamed it on family and health than take his lumps and have to rebuild a program in the SEC. He left one of the two best jobs in college football to be work for ESPN...er, I mean be with his family until another job opened up. Brilliant if you ask me. Tebow leaves and you realize it is time to bail too and you come out smelling like a rose. I personally think Urban will either win big and die doing it, or be above average at OSU and have a rabbib fan base all over him in 3 years. Call me cynical, but I don't see a NC at OSU with Urban Meyer as coach.
He left Florida because he saw trouble brewing at OSU and perhaps he had been in talks with OSU about a coaching position in the future, just maybe. Once he saw sh*# was about to hit the fan at OSU he saw a window of opportunity to coach the team he watched growing up.

The guy won every where he has been. I'm sure he has full confidence in his ability to coach. Tim Tebow or not. If he were announced as UC's head coach, I'd love to hear your reaction then
Old 11-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #20
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Urban Meyer is a really good coach. He is also a drama queen bitch. He should do well at OSU. That is all.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote