Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2019 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-29-2018, 08:43 AM   #21
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
It looks like that is Cronin's way of setting himself apart. Talking about things that many recruits aren't thinking about. Character and education and life in general during and after sports. If he's not going to go with below the belt recruiting techniques (money, hookers, broken promises etc) he's somewhat limited. I like the idea of taking the high road...in a perfect world that is how it should be done.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:08 PM   #22
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
It looks like that is Cronin's way of setting himself apart. Talking about things that many recruits aren't thinking about. Character and education and life in general during and after sports. If he's not going to go with below the belt recruiting techniques (money, hookers, broken promises etc) he's somewhat limited. I like the idea of taking the high road...in a perfect world that is how it should be done.
The moms probably appreciate it.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:36 PM   #23
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
The moms probably appreciate it.
Unfortunately most 17 year olds don’t want to hear the truth. They want to know about the girl situation, partying, NBA, money, exposure....They don’t want to hear that less than 1% make it to the NBA and life is hard.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 01:01 PM   #24
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
I'd imagine if he's a big UK fan he wouldn't go to Louisville? If he would go to Louisville maybe he wants to go against UK (if they don't end up offering). Our hopes have to be that he respects us from being there from the beginning and know that he could be a star here at UC with tremendous success.

With the never ending debate on Cronin's coaching style and success I would love to see what he could do with a very high rated class. I mean it may never happen for him as far as landing multiple 4 and close to 5 stars in one class, but I would love to see what kind of season and post season success he could pull off with a 2019 recruiting class of Tandy, Gantt and one other high rated kid.

What is Cronin's highest rated class?

Something tells me a combo of Tandy and Logan Johnson would be extremely nice!

Last edited by GarradJ21; 04-30-2018 at 01:07 PM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:03 PM   #25
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
I'd imagine if he's a big UK fan he wouldn't go to Louisville? If he would go to Louisville maybe he wants to go against UK (if they don't end up offering). Our hopes have to be that he respects us from being there from the beginning and know that he could be a star here at UC with tremendous success.

With the never ending debate on Cronin's coaching style and success I would love to see what he could do with a very high rated class. I mean it may never happen for him as far as landing multiple 4 and close to 5 stars in one class, but I would love to see what kind of season and post season success he could pull off with a 2019 recruiting class of Tandy, Gantt and one other high rated kid.

What is Cronin's highest rated class?

Something tells me a combo of Tandy and Logan Johnson would be extremely nice!
Not sure about highest rated class since those rarely count transfers. I seriously doubt he will have 4 1K scorers again on the same team, and we saw how far he advanced with that kind of proven offensive talent
Old 04-30-2018, 02:18 PM   #26
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Not sure about highest rated class since those rarely count transfers. I seriously doubt he will have 4 1K scorers again on the same team, and we saw how far he advanced with that kind of proven offensive talent
Sample size of 1. Give Cronin talent of these big time schools or even higher rated kids than usual and see what he does. That said, I guess the reason we aren't getting extremely high rated kids mostly falls on the head coach as well.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:53 PM   #27
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Sample size of 1. Give Cronin talent of these big time schools or even higher rated kids than usual and see what he does. That said, I guess the reason we aren't getting extremely high rated kids mostly falls on the head coach as well.

Cronin wont get the big time talent as he does not seek top tier kids,others are not interested. Maybe the highest he has gotten are YGates or LStephenson, but he will probably never have the same proven D1 firepower he had on this years team ever again.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:23 PM   #28
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Cronin wont get the big time talent as he does not seek top tier kids,others are not interested. Maybe the highest he has gotten are YGates or LStephenson, but he will probably never have the same proven D1 firepower he had on this years team ever again.
We had some great players, but there is no reason to think we can have four guys off that caliber again. We are a top transfer away from being there in 2 years, if Cumberland doesn't go pro after next season. And if he does make it to his senior year, he will probably be a more dominant player then we had on the team last year, I could easily see him putt up 20 as a senior. Logan Johnson is going to be good, we are a couple pieces away from being right back there. To think he could never replicate this years team, that's a reach
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:23 PM   #29
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
We had some great players, but there is no reason to think we can have four guys off that caliber again. We are a top transfer away from being there in 2 years, if Cumberland doesn't go pro after next season. And if he does make it to his senior year, he will probably be a more dominant player then we had on the team last year, I could easily see him putt up 20 as a senior. Logan Johnson is going to be good, we are a couple pieces away from being right back there. To think he could never replicate this years team, that's a reach
I doubt that Mick will ever have 4 1K scorers again , willing to bet on it as it has never happened at UC before, that was my point.

What did the top transfer do to help UC this past season year? Many said that was what UC needed last year as well.

I am sorry, dont want to get off topic but I dont see Cumberland being as all around dominant as Clark: POY, DPOY tourney MOP, leading rebounder in conference.

As far as the highlighted area, Cronin has replicated that team, in fact he has the last 7 out of 8 years, only once making past first weekend. Difference was winning the conference which will not be as weak as it was this past season either, SMU, UCF decimated by injuries.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:48 PM   #30
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
I doubt that Mick will ever have 4 1K scorers again , willing to bet on it as it has never happened at UC before, that was my point.

What did the top transfer do to help UC this past season year? Many said that was what UC needed last year as well.

I am sorry, dont want to get off topic but I dont see Cumberland being as all around dominant as Clark: POY, DPOY tourney MOP, leading rebounder in conference.

As far as the highlighted area, Cronin has replicated that team, in fact he has the last 7 out of 8 years, only once making past first weekend. Difference was winning the conference which will not be as weak as it was this past season either, SMU, UCF decimated by injuries.
Well Cumberland Cane and Fredericks are 1000 point scorers so I’ll take 3.