Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-17-2020, 01:23 PM   #141
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
I mean that's decent we still lost, to USF... Who else was going to get those mins he better be doing something. Not to take anything away from him he did alright but we lost and as far as all that speed we've had it before with guards like Satterfield, and Downey hes not exciting me like they did but hopefully he can raise bar as of right now I'm not feeling his impact out there
I think your expectations are a little off for what every reason. These aren’t 5star guys. These are 4 year guys in their 5th college game. They aren’t going to be finished products right now. Even Tre Scott didn’t really do anything till his 3rd year. Justin Jackson, 4th year. Once again, they played 5 games
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 01:24 PM   #142
nkywestside

nkywestside is on a distinguished road
Saunders
Dejulius
Williams
Davenport
Eason

These 5 should be getting the majority of minutes.
Sprinkle in MAW and Harvey.

Ivanauskas-Vogt have issues on Defense but very capable Offensive players. Would not have both in at the same time. Because of the lack of defense between the 2 I would be hesitant to play either one more than 15 minutes a game.

Madsen twins look to be getting Redshirted.
nkywestside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 01:31 PM   #143
nkywestside

nkywestside is on a distinguished road
Diarra just became a Father last month.
That could be a reason for the opt out.
Need to help take care of and raise a child.
Not saying this is the reason for the Opt out
but anybody who is a Dad would understand.
nkywestside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:09 PM   #144
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkywestside View Post
Saunders
Dejulius
Williams
Davenport
Eason

These 5 should be getting the majority of minutes.
Sprinkle in MAW and Harvey.

Ivanauskas-Vogt have issues on Defense but very capable Offensive players. Would not have both in at the same time. Because of the lack of defense between the 2 I would be hesitant to play either one more than 15 minutes a game.

Madsen twins look to be getting Redshirted.
Yeah, I’d assume the madsen are good to redshirt. I think it makes the most sense for everyone involved. This year is a mess anyway. They get another year to grow and it will split up the scholarships. I don’t see any downside to it.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:17 PM   #145
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Yeah, I’d assume the madsen are good to redshirt. I think it makes the most sense for everyone involved. This year is a mess anyway. They get another year to grow and it will split up the scholarships. I don’t see any downside to it.
This entire year doesn't count for eligibility... So not sure redshirting makes any sense.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:40 PM   #146
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
This entire year doesn't count for eligibility... So not sure redshirting makes any sense.
We sure they actually did that. I know they talked about it but no ones year counts? So Keith can come back? That doesn’t sound right
Old 12-17-2020, 02:46 PM   #147
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
We sure they actually did that. I know they talked about it but no ones year counts? So Keith can come back? That doesn’t sound right
Yes it sounds that way. No clue how it's going to work because it will drastically effect recruiting imo
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 03:02 PM   #148
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I think your expectations are a little off for what every reason. These aren’t 5star guys. These are 4 year guys in their 5th college game. They aren’t going to be finished products right now. Even Tre Scott didn’t really do anything till his 3rd year. Justin Jackson, 4th year. Once again, they played 5 games
Well I'm not talking about any stars, just go get some talent we're not looking too hot right now. We need players this yr the madsens should be playing this yr are you kidding me. We cant afford to hold another scholarship a yr longer. Those guys you mentioned were in a rotation behind more quality players and I would gladly take them now at that point of thier career they would be getting plenty of clock on this team
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 03:19 PM   #149
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Well I'm not talking about any stars, just go get some talent we're not looking too hot right now. We need players this yr the madsens should be playing this yr are you kidding me. We cant afford to hold another scholarship a yr longer. Those guys you mentioned were in a rotation behind more quality players and I would gladly take them now at that point of thier career they would be getting plenty of clock on this team
Justin Jackson and Tre Scott redshirted. Not sure if Justin did but whatever. They didn’t even play their first year. But you knew how good they were? You know they were better than these players? Ok
Old 12-17-2020, 03:36 PM   #150
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Just to be clear. You are saying that after 5 games, and 0 games for the madsens, you can already tell everything about them? This is your argument? If this is correct, I can’t argue with that. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard