Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-19-2020, 11:29 PM   #161
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Mostly agree, but I don't see any way to keep Vogt off the floor, or at least it needs to be based on matchups. Brannen needs to find a way to work with him on D not to expose him too much. His size is needed. Unfortunately they are so thin he needs to be careful not to foul which makes his D even worse.

Rap just looks terrible. Can't imagine he is really that bad.
What good is size if you can’t rebound. What good is guarding up in the trees if they just run underneath you for layups? I don’t know what Vogt gives us other than an apparent height advantage on paper.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 11:37 PM   #162
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkywestside View Post
Diarra just became a Father last month.
That could be a reason for the opt out.
Need to help take care of and raise a child.
Not saying this is the reason for the Opt out
but anybody who is a Dad would understand.
With that reasoning he did the right thing for sure and I respect him more. I have three adult children and was blessed to have all three home glued to UC football even though none of them chose UC as their college. They still love the school.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 06:05 AM   #163
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
What good is size if you can’t rebound. What good is guarding up in the trees if they just run underneath you for layups? I don’t know what Vogt gives us other than an apparent height advantage on paper.
Completely agree. I suggested to just go super small and some said we can’t because we need height. Like you said, if the height is getting exposed at everything, I’m not sure what the height is accomplishing, aside from being tall.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 08:30 AM   #164
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Completely agree. I suggested to just go super small and some said we can’t because we need height. Like you said, if the height is getting exposed at everything, I’m not sure what the height is accomplishing, aside from being tall.
I don’t care on what level of basketball, if a guard feel comfortable with attacking a tall guy at rim that tall guy shouldn’t be on court. Teams game plans is to attack Vogt at rim.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 08:17 AM   #165
huggsforlife

huggsforlife is on a distinguished road
The AAC is a mid-major league so if we have a mid-major staff-so be it. Huggins was at a low mid major before coming here. You have to start somewhere. People on this board have to face facts. UC for the past 20 years are pretty much irrelevant. We have 1 S-16 in that timeframe. I hate to say it but we are kind of a mid major team who has had incredible success in the past. i'm good with that as long as we win. Just win the conference championships, make a little noise in tourney from time to time and hope ACC picks us up.
huggsforlife is offline   Reply With Quote