Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2017, 11:32 AM   #181
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Brendel mentioned that there is only a few people in the industry who set up these 3 game tournaments. We apparently didn’t impress the right people when we went to Maui the last time because UC was a late addition and a replacement for Louisville. UC ticket office didn’t have time to get ticket packages out and we performed very bad in attendance. They want teams who stimulate the local economy. My guess this is why mick is really pushing this cayman island tourney because he is building a good relationship with the promoter so they can cone back every 4 years.

From the looks of it, we showed pretty decent for the cayman tourney.

Mick tried to lay the ground work for the cayman classic to be a premier tourney in the future. The resort the players stayed at looked really nice
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:36 AM   #182
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
It is funny when they are terrible but helps us more when they are better. I would much rather them be terrible
I want AAC to be an undebated power league. But we need a strong UConn & Memphis to make that happen. Once both return to being nationally respected, I’ll go back to wishing every loss on them.

The big east fans want all the teams in their league to do well in non conference Because they know that if they slip up in the league it means nothing.

Imo we destroy UConn bc they can’t shoot and we can guard them one on one which Oregon could not.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:38 AM   #183
justinhub2003
Epic Member

And if UNI wins I’ll take everything bad back I said about them. And I hope to goodness they scrape the ground with Xavier.
They shoot the 3 well. M
Imo we could beat Nova. They just don’t scare me
Old 11-24-2017, 12:21 PM   #184
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Brendel mentioned that there is only a few people in the industry who set up these 3 game tournaments. We apparently didn’t impress the right people when we went to Maui the last time because UC was a late addition and a replacement for Louisville. UC ticket office didn’t have time to get ticket packages out and we performed very bad in attendance. They want teams who stimulate the local economy. My guess this is why mick is really pushing this cayman island tourney because he is building a good relationship with the promoter so they can cone back every 4 years.

From the looks of it, we showed pretty decent for the cayman tourney.

Mick tried to lay the ground work for the cayman classic to be a premier tourney in the future. The resort the players stayed at looked really nice
I’ve heard this reason before. Not sure I 100% believe it. I’m sure there is some truth to it but I think there is more to the story. I mean there are teams in some of these tournaments that have never been good and don’t have any following.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:30 PM   #185
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And if UNI wins I’ll take everything bad back I said about them. And I hope to goodness they scrape the ground with Xavier.
They shoot the 3 well. M
Imo we could beat Nova. They just don’t scare me
Close 1st half...Villanova pulling away a bit 8 minutes left...still, no great shame in SMU losing to UNI
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 06:52 PM   #186
juckerrules
Elite Member

So much for UCF
Old 11-24-2017, 08:11 PM   #187
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
Close 1st half...Villanova pulling away a bit 8 minutes left...still, no great shame in SMU losing to UNI
Welp. SMU just helped negate that win by losing to Another mid major program.

That sucked
Old 11-25-2017, 07:43 AM   #188
juckerrules
Elite Member

Quote:
Welp. SMU just helped negate that win by losing to Another mid major program.

That sucked
Dismal day for AAC...SMU's shining moment looks a little dim now
Old 11-26-2017, 10:27 AM   #189
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Would be nice to see Tulane keep the momentum going and beat Georgia state today.

Also UConn vs Arkansas and UCF vs St. John’s could really help the conference if both teams win
Old 11-26-2017, 11:23 AM   #190
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Would be nice to see Tulane keep the momentum going and beat Georgia state today.

Also UConn vs Arkansas and UCF vs St. John’s could really help the conference if both teams win
I can't believe St John's is #50 in KenPom.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote