Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-17-2020, 04:21 PM   #151
eagle

eagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Just to be clear. You are saying that after 5 games, and 0 games for the madsens, you can already tell everything about them? This is your argument? If this is correct, I can’t argue with that. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard
I lurk here a lot and it's not worth even responding to this guy. Everything he says is borderline incoherent. Dude doesn't even make apples to oranges comparisons, it's apples to cows.
eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 04:59 PM   #152
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkywestside View Post
Diarra just became a Father last month.
That could be a reason for the opt out.
Need to help take care of and raise a child.
Not saying this is the reason for the Opt out
but anybody who is a Dad would understand.

#DadGang

I understand. I think it’s both him being a dad and seeing no reason in risking his daughters health traveling around the country for only 7 min a game.

All that prep, all that time away, all that hard work, all the potential exposure, all for 7 minutes a game.

It’s not even worth the risk.

I’d do the same.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 05:45 PM   #153
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkywestside View Post
Saunders
Dejulius
Williams
Davenport
Eason

These 5 should be getting the majority of minutes.
Sprinkle in MAW and Harvey.

Ivanauskas-Vogt have issues on Defense but very capable Offensive players. Would not have both in at the same time. Because of the lack of defense between the 2 I would be hesitant to play either one more than 15 minutes a game.

Madsen twins look to be getting Redshirted.
Mostly agree, but I don't see any way to keep Vogt off the floor, or at least it needs to be based on matchups. Brannen needs to find a way to work with him on D not to expose him too much. His size is needed. Unfortunately they are so thin he needs to be careful not to foul which makes his D even worse.

Rap just looks terrible. Can't imagine he is really that bad.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 06:53 PM   #154
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle View Post
I lurk here a lot and it's not worth even responding to this guy. Everything he says is borderline incoherent. Dude doesn't even make apples to oranges comparisons, it's apples to cows.
Haha what excuse me dude what are you talking about
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 06:54 PM   #155
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Just to be clear. You are saying that after 5 games, and 0 games for the madsens, you can already tell everything about them? This is your argument? If this is correct, I can’t argue with that. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard
After watching basketball for so long and knowing what talent and winning formula looks like I would say yea
Old 12-18-2020, 07:02 AM   #156
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
After watching basketball for so long and knowing what talent and winning formula looks like I would say yea
Ok, so it is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Thanks for the clarification.
Also, we’ve all played and watched basketball our whole life. We are one a basketball message board. Usually don’t find people that don’t know basketball on a college basketball message board. But you’re right, you can probably see things no one else can. Sometimes even before you see players play. That’s hard to do
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 08:12 AM   #157
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Also, we’ve all played and watched basketball our whole life. We are one a basketball message board. Usually don’t find people that don’t know basketball on a college basketball message board. But you’re right, you can probably see things no one else can. Sometimes even before you see players play. That’s hard to do
Dude pls alright, your not taking any air out of my sails, I never spoke on what anyone else knew, what they've done or what they could see. This is my perspective and interpretation, you dont agree with it ok. You want to get in your feelings and act like everything is the dumbest thing you've ever heard or read ok. I don't see how or why I'm so wrong with giving someone or something the eye test, and coming up with an evaluation I guess recruiting or scouting is stupid too right? Sheesh.
Old 12-18-2020, 08:21 AM   #158
JoeRunner89

Quote:
And considering the eye test and circumstances of not getting on the floor this yr and the fact Brannen hasn't brought an impactful player in here besides Eason and Jaron Cumberlands cousin.. I'm going on a limb early and saying the Madsens or whatever their names are probably wont be that good, certainly won't be any help this yr. Same thing I did with Chris Vogt, McNeil, etc
Old 12-18-2020, 11:29 AM   #159
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
Dude pls alright, your not taking any air out of my sails, I never spoke on what anyone else knew, what they've done or what they could see. This is my perspective and interpretation, you dont agree with it ok. You want to get in your feelings and act like everything is the dumbest thing you've ever heard or read ok. I don't see how or why I'm so wrong with giving someone or something the eye test, and coming up with an evaluation I guess recruiting or scouting is stupid too right? Sheesh.
No feeling hurt. It’s stupid because you haven’t seen them play at all. I don’t think that’s debatable. You don’t see the issue with calling people bust before they play a game? How many freshmen in our program came in and were awesome? We aren’t getting 5 star dudes. Tre Scott was a completely different play from game 5, to his senior year.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 01:54 PM   #160
Lefty

Lefty is on a distinguished road
General reply here:
I agree with all- this team lacks talent in numbers
and certainly hasn’t exactly jelled.
However, maybe a modicum (my cousin Vinny)
of patience is in order given circumstances of
I remember a JC transfer or two in Higgs days
that were way less than stellar before Christmas
but improved dramatically after. Now I’m not
comparing teams or eras, just sayin.
I also thought Nickie V sucked after his 1st
Exhibition game cause all he did was shoot, many
of which were terrible shots. We know how that
turned out. Again, not comparing....
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote