Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'11 PA SDE Desimon Green (Offer)

Strongside Defensive End
Clairton, PA (Clairton)

Ht:6'4
Wt:215 lbs
40: 4.83

swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Offered by UC, WV, Pitt, Purdue, Mich St, Louisville, Texas Tech, Illinois, others.

Interest from Michigan and Florida.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Quote:
Biography:
As a junior, Desimon Green recorded 87 tackles and an astonishing 27 sacks, eclipsing his school record that he set as a sophomore when he registered 23 sacks. He earned 1st team All-State, All-Conference and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette "Fab 22" honors. He says he can bench 235-pounds and has a 36-inch vertical jump.

Green plans on majoring in communications and reports a 2.9 core GPA. He is taking the SAT for the first time on May 1.

As a sophomore, Green tallied a school record 23 sacks.

Green: “I’m very fast off the edge. I have long arms and I don’t let the offensive lineman get a hold of me. I love to hit and tackle and go after the quarterback.

“I want to improve my feet. I also want to be more patient. I need to let the game come to me more and not be too aggressive.”
Scout.com Combine Results:
Year: 2009
Height: 6-3
Weight: 197
40-Yard Dash: 4.83
Short Shuttle: 4.48
Vertical Jump: 34.0"
3-Cone: 7.91
Broad Jump: 9-1
Old 05-26-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

Likes MSU, although nothing definite that I can see. Played QB as well, and had 50 sacks in 2 years on defensive side.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

It might seem like an unlikely position combination for a two-way football player, but Clairton’s Desimon Green doubles as both a quarterback and a defensive lineman. Green’s performance from his play on the defensive line has generated quite a large amount of interest from Division-1 programs.

To date, Green has received 10 Division-1 scholarship offers, according to his profile on Rivals.com. Green is one of eight WPIAL defensive linemen listed as Division-1 prospects in Pennsylvania’s 2011 recruiting class.

Of Pennsylvania’s 16 Division-1 defensive line prospects in the 2011 recruiting class, only Green and Farrell’s Rob Trudo represent the state’s smallest classification.

Bowling Green, Illinois, Louisville, Memphis, Michigan State, Pitt, Purdue, Syracuse, Texas Tech and West Virginia have all offered Green a scholarship, according to Rivals. Green’s profile once listed schools like Buffalo, Northwestern, Rutgers and UCLA as showing interest.

Green has wreaked havoc the last two seasons on the Bears’ line. The 6’4, 215-pound senior-to-be had tallied 20 sacks entering the 2008 “A” state championship game against Steelton-Highspire. That came as a sophomore. Last season, Green entered the state championship game against Bishop McCort with an impressive 26 sacks.

In the last two seasons, Clairton has posted an overall record of 30-2 (.937). The Bears have posted 16 shutouts in that span and held 28 of their 32 opponents to seven points or less. Only two opponents (Farrell, 2008 & Steelton-Highspire, 2008) have scored more than 20 points against the Bears’ defense in the last two years.

Green also had a productive junior season at quarterback, throwing for more than 1,500 yards and running for more than 800 yards, accounting for more than 20 total touchdowns.

Since 2003, Clairton has posted an overall record of 78-15 (.838). The Bears have won 565 games and seven WPIAL titles, including three of the last four Class “A” WPIAL championships, in its storied football history.

http://blog.pennlive.com/westernpafo...rtons_des.html
Old 05-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Last week, PA DE Desimon Green was "close" to a Michigan offer, and it appears as though he's received it.

http://mgoblog.com/
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Desimon Green, out of Clairton High School in Pennsylvania, recently got some exciting news from the Michigan coaching staff. Coach Gibson and Coach Robinson told Green that he would have an offer once Rich Rodriguez gives the thumbs up after the holiday weekend. Desimon is calling the Michigan coaches back tomorrow, and is expecting the offer to be extended.

Green is a 6-foot-5, 215-pound athlete, that plays defensive end, quarterback, wide receiver, and even linebacker. "Whatever the team needs me at, that's what I play. You don't usually see a teams quarterback turn around and line up at the defensive end spot, but I can do it all," said Desimon. The Wolverines are recruiting Green for either the defensive end spot, or the hybrid defensive end/outside linebacker position. "That's kind of what I play now, for our team, so that fits me pretty well," Green said.

Desimon told me he was a fan of Michigan growing up, but being a fan and a recruit are two different things. "They're not my favorite just because I was a fan. Those are two different things. They have a good chance, but they're not my leader," said Desimon. Michigan isn't the leader, but they are among his top five. "Texas Tech, Michigan State, West Virginia, Cincinnati, and Michigan are the top schools so far," he told me.

For what it's worth, Michigan State is recruiting him for tight end, which is ok with him. Desimon is hoping to have a decision made by September, and November at the latest. He's looking for a certain comfort level, and the opportunity to play early. He doesn't plan on camping at Michigan, because he doesn't want to camp anywhere he already has an offer with.

http://mgoblog.com/diaries/tomvh-de-...n-green-update
Old 07-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #8
Racinejake

Racinejake will become famous soon enough
Green has a top 3 of Pitt, Texas Tech, and Cincinnati per Scout. He's supposed to be deciding in the next couple of weeks.
Racinejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #9
JasonS
Football Moderator

Scout has adjusted his top 3 to a top 4. I am not sure of the other team at this point. Desimon is scheduled to visit Cincy this Saturday and I believe still scheduled to announce in the next few weeks.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #10
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
At some point one of these highly recruited defensive guys is going to have to commit to UC. Look at all the things that recruits supposedly would like:

-UC plays in a AQ BCS conference
-Games are televised on national TV
-UC has won said conference the past two years, winning said conference(8 members) is easier than going to a school like Michigan State or Illinois where you have no chance of winning
-UC is loaded offensively is in the hunt to three-peat
-As a talented defensive player, my chances of starting is migh higher than at other schools. Said player could be a three year starter if he is that good.
- A number of UC players have been drafted into the NFL in the past five years or more.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote