Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-09-2020, 09:47 AM   #2381
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
I just think it's funny Mick has already been reprimanded for going after the officials after a loss.

Yes they got a good win but it's also coming off getting blown out by 18 the game prior.
With out their starting center. That matters.

He played against zona and helped a ton

In his last 5 games he’s played, he’s 4-1 with two top 25 wins

He’s the Tre Scott of UCLA

Last edited by justinhub2003; 02-09-2020 at 09:51 AM.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:53 AM   #2382
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Also of note:

Sean Miller after the game:

“ Yeah, it was a physical night. I coached against Cincinnati and that’s who we played tonight. We just weren’t ready for it. It’s a man’s game. You have to be physical, you have to go through contact, you can’t cry. Sometimes you have to make a clever pass because they’re physical and walling up, and their toughness and physicality wore on all of us. it worn on our team, wore on our drives, wore on our second shots.”
Old 02-09-2020, 09:53 AM   #2383
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
You can think what you want.

I’m fine with where are at right now. But I’m certain UCLA competes for a pac 12 championship next year and makes the tourney. In year 2 with only 1 of your players added, I think that’s a pretty good coach.

Only now he will have some elite talent in the tourney. Let’s see how it works out.

I want him to win and I want John Brannen to win. I want mick to win to prove every one wrong and I want CJB to win because it’s the team I care about
Why do you care so much if mick proves everyone wrong? Do you get something out of that? He left. It wasn’t the fans fault. We didn’t make him leave. We just didn’t cry when he did. We moved on and supported the next guy. The same thing I’ll do for the next coach.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:17 AM   #2384
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance2017 View Post
Really good win by Mick. Team showed toughness and good for them. I just can’t imagine still wanting Mick as your basketball coach. Not that you directly said that Justin, just seems implied with your posting history. We have a ton of data to support Mick Cronin is a 7 seed coach and a 2nd round exit guy. His teams peek at the wrong times and his style only wins in a certain type of game. Move on. Kind of pathetic Justin....or should I call you Keeneland Dan.....
A "ton of data", sorry but even 9 years of NCAA tournament games is a quite small sample size. The much larger sample size of regular season games indicates that Mick is quite successful (and will continue to be).

Any coach will tell you that luck and matchups play a large part in one-and-done type tournament like the NCAA tournament.

Brannen has been quite successful so far, but I'd have no issues taking Mick back.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:18 AM   #2385
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Why do you care so much if mick proves everyone wrong? Do you get something out of that? He left. It wasn’t the fans fault. We didn’t make him leave. We just didn’t cry when he did. We moved on and supported the next guy. The same thing I’ll do for the next coach.
I liked mick. I want him to be successful

I don’t bring him up in any threads that aren’t open threads or this one.

But some of you act as if the mick Cronin era was oppressive.

And yes he left, but it’s well known that the relationship between mick and bohn were strained.

People on this board laughed and made it point to post when UCLA suffered bad losses. People on this board gave Cronin crap for three years running when I thought it was a pretty enjoyable experience. I like mick, I want him to succeed. And I’ll root for him unless he’s playing cincinnati

And I’ll especially root for him when he kicks Sean millers ass
Old 02-09-2020, 10:20 AM   #2386
justinhub2003
Epic Member

I don’t want to take mick back because what’s done is done.

Just want to be long term successful and as of today I’m happy with UC basketball.

But if we allow 70+ points today to a bad offensive UConn team and lose, I’ll absolutely be frustrated because I could see if coming from a mile away.

But failure is also momentary.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:29 AM   #2387
skyblade
Epic Member

Off topic a bit, but to Justin's point - I'd argue that right now 4 of our top 5 players are Mick guys. The only Brannen recruit who is consistent is Vogt and he's not much better than an average center.

Next year, I expect our top two players will be Mick guys (Williams, Diarra). Brannen's freshmen recruits have potential (we didn't have much success with grad transfers), but it's Mick guys who are making the transition to a new coach relatively smooth.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:42 AM   #2388
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Off topic a bit, but to Justin's point - I'd argue that right now 4 of our top 5 players are Mick guys. The only Brannen recruit who is consistent is Vogt and he's not much better than an average center.

Next year, I expect our top two players will be Mick guys (Williams, Diarra). Brannen's freshmen recruits have potential (we didn't have much success with grad transfers), but it's Mick guys who are making the transition to a new coach relatively smooth.
Offensively Vogt is elite. That’s what the stats say right? He had a bad game last game and finished with 12 points on 5-7 shooting.

To your other point. Of course the best players are cronins players. Brannen got here late, there isn’t many good players to pick up at that point. I would guess most of cronins best players are affords players.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:48 AM   #2389
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I liked mick. I want him to be successful

I don’t bring him up in any threads that aren’t open threads or this one.

But some of you act as if the mick Cronin era was oppressive.

And yes he left, but it’s well known that the relationship between mick and bohn were strained.

People on this board laughed and made it point to post when UCLA suffered bad losses. People on this board gave Cronin crap for three years running when I thought it was a pretty enjoyable experience. I like mick, I want him to succeed. And I’ll root for him unless he’s playing cincinnati

And I’ll especially root for him when he kicks Sean millers ass
The relationship between bohn and mick isn’t my fault or any other fans fault. You act like we were the reason he left. Yes, if someone leaves and they aren’t having success, it’s a little funny. People are going to point that out. Once again, regular season success was never the issue with mick. Ever
Old 02-09-2020, 11:05 AM   #2390
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
The relationship between bohn and mick isn’t my fault or any other fans fault. You act like we were the reason he left. Yes, if someone leaves and they aren’t having success, it’s a little funny. People are going to point that out. Once again, regular season success was never the issue with mick. Ever
The relationship between Mick and Bohn is very much based on fans. Bohn's job is ultimately to keep fans happy and to get them to come to games and donate money. The fans being unhappy directly impact Bohn's willingness to keep Mick around or give him a raise.