Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2017 Recruiting Profiles

Old 08-12-2016, 09:12 AM   #11
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
This is Cronin's last year for me. It's put up or shut up time. After the UNLV bullshit and his report card of the last 10 years it's time for UC to take the next step. NTS comments, while being that of a douche variety, has a point. Im sick of the under the radar recruit while Xavier reels in multiple top 60 guys. Crazy thing is I actually like this roster. I like Gary, Troy, Jacob, Kyle, and Jarron. There seems to be some real individual talent there. But it never ends up being enough. This staff has been unable to put it together. The staff is another problem I think that needs to be addressed. I like them but I think they are mid major outside of LD on the recruiting side. They have done more with less in terms of the talent they bring in. One sweet 16 in 10 years and lets be honest that was the only team that had enough talent and depth to make a run. One out of every 10 years is not getting it done. I have been converted this summer. L-T Im sorry for all the arguments. I have been brought to your side of the fence. UC can and should be doing better.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:52 AM   #12
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
We cant assume Big 12 is happening unfortunately. http://www.espn.com/college-football...ools-expansion
I don't like going off-topic, but none of this is really news. Are you worried about the 17 schools? New Mexico scares you?
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:05 AM   #13
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
I don't like going off-topic, but none of this is really news. Are you worried about the 17 schools? New Mexico scares you?
Yes, you got it buddy. New Mexico scares me.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 08-12-2016 at 10:09 AM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:24 AM   #14
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes, you got it buddy. New Mexico scares me.
Wasn't trying to come off snarky. Just wanted some elaboration.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:45 AM   #15
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Wasn't trying to come off snarky. Just wanted some elaboration.
Being from cincy we get the short end of this stick a lot nothing new here. The fact they say 14 is out of the picture sucks. That's 2 less schools. Then BYU Houston are the ones that worry me the most for obvious reasons. Also pissed when many were hyping this up acting like we were in from Monday and now they are even holding interviews from 17 schools. Sounds like no one is a for sure in. I still think we are top 3 and was feeling confident and still am but really don't think we can assume we are in until it's over. Obviously hoping for the best
Old 08-12-2016, 11:50 AM   #16
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Back to Alex Reese. I think we can all agree, this doesn't look good even though we are in his top 5. UAB no. He probably just wanted to show them respect for recruiting him first and being close to home. I'd imagine Bama first asu and Georgia are tied then us and UAB make up the bottom

We get him on a visit and teach him about tourney appearances and our history that very well can change

Last edited by GarradJ21; 08-12-2016 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:13 PM   #17
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels
Alex Reese, Garrison Brooks, Remy Martin & David Singleton are among the visitors at ASU this wkd. Huge wkd for the Sun Devils. #FTF👹🍴
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:03 AM   #18
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Like it was stated he visited ASU this past weekend. He has unofficial to Bama then an official visit to Bama Oct 1st. He wants to visit Georiga still and doesn't know about UAB and Cincy. Basically it doesn't sound good for us. I am hoping we get someone out of nowhere kind of like how we ended up on Reese's list. I bet we are recruiting some big guy pretty heavy and it will eventually be released. We get a big guy, Moore, and Gaines or Williams. That's a pretty damn good class. Save the scholly for a transfer or someone late in the year. By the time 2018 hits a starting lineup could be
Broome - Sr
Cumberland - Jr
Evans - Sr
6'8" recruit from 2017 - sophomore
6'10" Brooks - Jr

Last edited by GarradJ21; 08-15-2016 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:09 AM   #19
TrillCosby

TrillCosby is on a distinguished road
I don't think we're recruiting him that hard. However if you recall his friend and AAU teammate visited here earlier this summer, Joseph Lanzi. I think they want a shot-blocking center.
TrillCosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:12 AM   #20
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Like it was stated he visited ASU this past weekend. He has unofficial to Bama then an official visit to Bama Oct 1st. He wants to visit Georiga still and doesn't know about UAB and Cincy. Basically it doesn't sound good for us. I am hoping we get someone out of nowhere kind of like how we ended up on Reese's list. I bet we are recruiting some big guy pretty heavy and it will eventually be released. We get a big guy, Moore, and Gaines or Williams. That's a pretty damn good class. Save the scholly for a transfer or someone late in the year. By the time 2018 hits a starting lineup could be
Broome - Sr
Cumberland - Jr
Evans - Sr
6'8" recruit from 2017 - sophomore
6'10" Brooks - Jr
Considering we don't know who the big guy is, not sure I'd consider it pretty damn good. Assuming it's a random 3 star big guy, I'd say the class would be on the lower end of what we should expect every single year.

As for that starting lineup: 4 of those guys have never played a game at UC, and we don't even know the name of one of them. Not sure I see the point in getting excited about that.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 08-15-2016 at 08:21 AM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote