Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2019, 04:36 PM   #111
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
Ok, this team was ranked in the top 15. I believe we would probably be undeafeated right now or with our only loss to O state if everyone stays. Therefore we would be in the top ten. We ranked in the top 15 last yr. But you can believe what u want to believe
With a healthy Jarron we probably have the same record regardless who's coaching. If Cronin was coaching this squad with an unhealthy Jarron we probably still have the same record we do right now. Not sure why you think we would have beat Iowa this year even though they just beat us last year. Or what makes you think Cronin would have EVER beat XU at Cintas.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:38 PM   #112
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
With Cronin and if everyone stayed, the team would be better. Yes. Great observation. He left. What’s your point?
However if Jarron got hurt this team wouldn’t be better. That’s a fact you seem to be missing. Also what’s your point?
What are you asking what's my point. Jarron isn't that hurt thats just an excuse for a number of reasons/issues if he was really that hurt he wouldn't be playing period but if he is and he's playing, maybe those question him should fall back. Just like everyone threw him under the bus for that shot a week ago but didn't question why the coach didn't draw up a play. Or why he was scared of a Colgate defense getting set
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:39 PM   #113
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
No one is happy we are 7-5. That’s the part that sucks about getting a new coach. It’s going to take time. If you watch college basketball at all, you see it time and time again. Heck just look across town. All you can do is hope it doesn’t take years. That’s what happens when you get a new coach but he left. We have to move on.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:41 PM   #114
Goldpanner

Goldpanner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What are you asking what's my point. Jarron isn't that hurt thats just an excuse for a number of reasons/issues if he was really that hurt he wouldn't be playing period but if he is and he's playing, maybe those question him should fall back. Just like everyone threw him under the bus for that shot a week ago but didn't question why the coach didn't draw up a play. Or why he was scared of a Colgate defense getting set
Brannen addressed the play calling situation. Under 11 seconds you play the broken floor and you typically have better odds of scoring than call a time out and let the other team set up. That is pretty standard. But we will never know since the ball was shot 59 feet from the basket with time left. That is in no way Brannens fault
Goldpanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:43 PM   #115
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
I keep asking what your point is because you continue to say we would be better if cronin stayed. YES, everyone understands that. He recruited the players. I hope they would play better under the coach that recruited them. BUT HE IS GONE. No one made him leave. We had to move on. You seem to think we can get him back or that is somehow Brannens fault.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:45 PM   #116
Goldpanner

He won’t answer who should of been the new hire also. I’m still waiting.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:48 PM   #117
HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mick took over a rebuilding situation in UCLA. UC blasted UCLA just last yr when thier roster was better than it is now so, I don't knw what your trying to say
I'm pretty sure half the roster at UCLA didn't transfer but you don't like facts. The team was not that good under Cronin they were mediocre. Over a thirteen year span good teams when in March and maybe play in April. Get off the Mick was great and the program was on par with Duke crap.
HongKongPhooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:54 PM   #118
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You clearly weren't a real runner or sports player of any kind if you think having even a minor injury doesn't play a big role in how you perform. Or if you think not having proper conditioning doesn't play a big role in how you perform.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:54 PM   #119
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
You also don’t seem to have a point. Is your point Brannen is terrible. If so, noted. Also, like many have asked, what’s the solution. Who should we have hired?
Old 12-23-2019, 04:58 PM   #120
Goldpanner

Last I looked. Brannen has recruited more 4 stars than we have had in many years