Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2020, 08:32 AM   #231
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I think the point is do that, but please don’t make every thread that.

I’m sure a lot of people don’t want to go to a uc forum and see UCLA in every thread. It gets old having to skip through 20 replies in bracketology just to see where our bracketmatrix is.
Uhhhhhh that bracketolgy thread is full of other teams resumes as it compares to UC. I posted about UCLA because if they finish strong they are a threat to push a bubble team off the bubble, including UC

And because of the way committee works, I could absolutely see them putting UC and UCLA in the same bracket or the same game.

It’s not like I brought up a UCLA that had no chance to steal a bid and did it just to troll. I didn’t. They have 4 legit tier 1 wins. When most bubble teams have just 2. If they finish strong they are absolutely a candidate to steal someone’s spot.

I have no beef with John Brannen and UC is my favorite team without question. We can still talk about relevant topics that include UCLA.

Last edited by justinhub2003; 02-17-2020 at 08:36 AM.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:35 AM   #232
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Uhhhhhh that bracketolgy thread is full of other teams resumes as it compares to UC. I posted about UCLA because if they finish strong they are a threat to push a bubble team off the bubble, including UC
Justin, I have no problem with your initial post. It was definitely relevant to bracketology. The problem is when it turns into an entire page of just UCLA talk. And that isn't really anyone's fault. It just happened naturally. No one is being punished. I just want to keep the sticky threads relevant to UC. I don't mind moving posts when the conversation starts to drift. I'm not going to delete anything. No one should feel like they can't say something.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:41 AM   #233
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Or we could just remove Justin from the board, there is one common denominator here, every time these spirals happen
It takes more than one person to make a spiral. Justin's posts are usually relevant at first. If you think he's trolling, don't feed him. He is not going to be removed based on his current bahavior.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:56 AM   #234
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think the point is do that, but please don’t make every thread that.

I’m sure a lot of people don’t want to go to a uc forum and see UCLA in every thread. It gets old having to skip through 20 replies in bracketology just to see where our bracketmatrix is.
Dramatic af
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:59 AM   #235
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Justin, I have no problem with your initial post. It was definitely relevant to bracketology. The problem is when it turns into an entire page of just UCLA talk. And that isn't really anyone's fault. It just happened naturally. No one is being punished. I just want to keep the sticky threads relevant to UC. I don't mind moving posts when the conversation starts to drift. I'm not going to delete anything. No one should feel like they can't say something.
It’s just weird you were asked to be a moderator a month or so ago, and your trying to dictate pretty much every aspect of the board.. haven’t we lost enough people already, no need to push even more out over trivial reasoning
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:58 AM   #236
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
It’s just weird you were asked to be a moderator a month or so ago, and your trying to dictate pretty much every aspect of the board.. haven’t we lost enough people already, no need to push even more out over trivial reasoning

or, people left because every thread was derailing into the same thing over and over and that grew tiresome.

and remember he was personally asked to be a mod because this place was falling apart.

other places don't let a few people turn every thread into the same thing, they just ban them. this place didn't ban anybody.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:45 AM   #237
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
or, people left because every thread was derailing into the same thing over and over and that grew tiresome.

and remember he was personally asked to be a mod because this place was falling apart.

other places don't let a few people turn every thread into the same thing, they just ban them. this place didn't ban anybody.
Yea that’s not true.

Considering last year was dead and It was the mick haters detailing threads back then.

This place lost most of its momentum after the Nevada loss

And he was not personally asked to be a mod. He volunteered. I

Last edited by justinhub2003; 02-18-2020 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:53 AM   #238
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Also I thought the advantage of removing my mod status was you could ignore me.

Sooo. If you don’t like what I say, you can ignore me right ?
Old 02-18-2020, 07:58 AM   #239
justinhub2003
Epic Member

And personally y’all can have the sticky threads

To me it’s now state ran media. Soulless numbers with out any conversation.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:07 AM   #240
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Yea that’s not true.

Considering last year was dead and It was the mick haters detailing threads back then.

This place lost most of its momentum after the Nevada loss

And he was not personally asked to be a mod. He volunteered. I

his name was one of the short list provided by a current mod of potential mods.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote