Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner

Old 10-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Question Pick-Up Games

Moving back home to Cincinnati I've been transplanted away from my weekly pick up games at the rec center at school. I've been poking around, unsuccessfully, looking for good places to play here in the tri-state.

Anybody here have a regular place where they play? Would any of the Bearcat Talk members be interested in putting together a weekly pick up game of our own? I'm dying here at home with nothing to do in my spare time, anyone game?!
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Im the greatest player in the history of this website. Someone challenge me.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
Moving back home to Cincinnati I've been transplanted away from my weekly pick up games at the rec center at school. I've been poking around, unsuccessfully, looking for good places to play here in the tri-state.

Anybody here have a regular place where they play? Would any of the Bearcat Talk members be interested in putting together a weekly pick up game of our own? I'm dying here at home with nothing to do in my spare time, anyone game?!
I would be all for it if I lived in Cincy.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Im the greatest player in the history of this website. Someone challenge me.
Okay LL, get a couple more and pick a place!
Old 10-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #5
psax889906
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I would be all for it if I lived in Cincy.
Bummer, I was always the guy with the UC gear on the court in Chicago... people would just look at me funny.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #6
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Bummer, I was always the guy with the UC gear on the court in Chicago... people would just look at me funny.
That was me when I lived in Massachusetts. I even had a guy (a lawyer) ask me where I was from. When I told him Cincinnati, he looked at me and said, "oh, that's out west right?" I told him Cincinnati was still in the Eastern Time Zone and he looked at me like I was speaking a different language. Ugh, I hated those 18 months.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #7
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
I play all the time. A lot of small places. I would love to play with the bearcattalk guys.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
psax889906
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
I play all the time. A lot of small places. I would love to play with the bearcattalk guys.
LL Seems to be calling anyone and everyone on the forum out... looks like this definitely needs to be arranged... I'm not claiming to have a great game... I didn't even play in high school... but I'm a pretty competitive person and I played 3-4 nights a week up at school and got decent, for a short white guy... though I haven't played in nearly 4 months now since being home... boy that jumpshot is going to look UGLY...
Old 10-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #9
JasonS
Football Moderator

Quote:
LL Seems to be calling anyone and everyone on the forum out... looks like this definitely needs to be arranged... I'm not claiming to have a great game... I didn't even play in high school... but I'm a pretty competitive person and I played 3-4 nights a week up at school and got decent, for a short white guy... though I haven't played in nearly 4 months now since being home... boy that jumpshot is going to look UGLY...
I haven't played in ages either since I had surgery on my ankle in the spring and really couldn't play on it for 6 months before that. With that said, I have just been shooting around at the gym and if there is one thing that never leaves, it is the jumper. It is still money. The hops (what little there were before) are all but gone but the jumper is still pure.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #10
psax889906
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I haven't played in ages either since I had surgery on my ankle in the spring and really couldn't play on it for 6 months before that. With that said, I have just been shooting around at the gym and if there is one thing that never leaves, it is the jumper. It is still money. The hops (what little there were before) are all but gone but the jumper is still pure.
I certainly hope so, but, admittedly I've never had much of one and have been more of a slasher!