Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner

Old 10-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
NBA Picks

Lets hear em. Who you got in the finals, whose winning, whose MVP.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Could be any of the easy picks: Miami, LA, Boston... but frankly, I'm sick of hearing about them all already... the team (and player) I'll be rooting for all year, even though they probably still don't have enough to make a ton of noise in the playoffs, is the Thunder and Kevin Durant. Always enjoyed him as a player and what he did on the USA team this summer made me respect him and appreciate his game 10X more. Kid is a baller and I'll be rooting for the Thunder!
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:33 PM   #3
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
^^^ I am actually sick of all the people who hate Kobe, but especially hate Lebron- and hate all the teams that are suppose to be good- so they go with Durant and the up and coming thunder. Just say "I hate Lebron- Durant had a good year and he is better then him" even though Lebron has a much better all around game.

Personally- I cant wait for the easy picks to be the final 4 or so teams in the playoffs. If it were up to me (not being biased here or else I would want Bulls in Eastern conf. finals) I would LOVE a Boston vs. Heat matchup-winner getting the Lakers. Lakers vs. Boston rematch would be epic and ideal, especially with the new additions to each team and a classic Kobe Shaq match up. Thus- bringing me to my predictions

Kobe and the Lakers win the third in as many years by defeating the Celtics. Surprise pick of Dirk winning MVP as I expect them to get the 2 seed and after the first three games I think LEbron will turn into more of an all around player rather then someone who can just put up mass points. Also-Kobe should win it-but wont put up the numbers. The way Kobe improves his team by pushing them and demanding a lot out of them is what makes the Lakers the Lakers which is why I think the should get it. So no Kobe, No Lebron- Surprise team of Mavs doing work and getting a 2 seed lead by Dirk=Dirk MVP

Down with Durant, Down with the Thunder

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph

Last edited by DontMissHim; 10-29-2010 at 11:36 PM.
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Does Lebron really have a better all around game?

KD is a much much better shooter.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontMissHim View Post
^^^ I am actually sick of all the people who hate Kobe, but especially hate Lebron- and hate all the teams that are suppose to be good- so they go with Durant and the up and coming thunder. Just say "I hate Lebron- Durant had a good year and he is better then him" even though Lebron has a much better all around game.

Personally- I cant wait for the easy picks to be the final 4 or so teams in the playoffs. If it were up to me (not being biased here or else I would want Bulls in Eastern conf. finals) I would LOVE a Boston vs. Heat matchup-winner getting the Lakers. Lakers vs. Boston rematch would be epic and ideal, especially with the new additions to each team and a classic Kobe Shaq match up. Thus- bringing me to my predictions

Kobe and the Lakers win the third in as many years by defeating the Celtics. Surprise pick of Dirk winning MVP as I expect them to get the 2 seed and after the first three games I think LEbron will turn into more of an all around player rather then someone who can just put up mass points. Also-Kobe should win it-but wont put up the numbers. The way Kobe improves his team by pushing them and demanding a lot out of them is what makes the Lakers the Lakers which is why I think the should get it. So no Kobe, No Lebron- Surprise team of Mavs doing work and getting a 2 seed lead by Dirk=Dirk MVP

Down with Durant, Down with the Thunder
What can I say, I don't watch the NBA much and that's just my personal opinion. I was sick of hearing about the Miami Heat about two months ago.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:39 PM   #6
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Does Lebron really have a better all around game?

KD is a much much better shooter.
Without question. Lebron has much better court vision- he is head and shoulders better at passing (he may be the best passer in the game) and he is arguably the best driver in NBA history. His shooting is getting a lot better also- while its not as good as KD-it is becoming pretty good. There is a reason he is the two time raining MVP.

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:49 AM   #7
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontMissHim View Post
he may be the best passer in the game
Rondo says otherwise...
Old 11-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #8
psax889906
Epic Member

Durant and the Thunder play an 0-4 Clippers team tonight... they should secure the victory and move to 3-1.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:05 PM   #9
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Is Durant and OKC overrated? I just recently started thinking about this, but what has Durant really done in this league? I knwo he was the scoring leader, but it's not all about scoring. He isn't really that special of a player in other categories, and what is the best thing he did for his team? They were an 8 seed last year, not all that special.

"You better answer my texts or your banned."-Thegreatone
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #10
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley Court View Post
Is Durant and OKC overrated? I just recently started thinking about this, but what has Durant really done in this league? I knwo he was the scoring leader, but it's not all about scoring. He isn't really that special of a player in other categories, and what is the best thing he did for his team? They were an 8 seed last year, not all that special.

That goes against everything I have ever thought about basketball. Banned.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote