Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-03-2019, 02:35 PM   #331
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by z_bearcat View Post
I don’t think Cronin is going anywhere. He has the core of a team returning that won 28 games for him this year. He has Mr. Basketball for Ohio from 2018/19 coming to join the team. His circumstances most likely prevent him from relocating outside the State due to custody of his daughter. And, he has a newly renovated arena to use for recruiting. The only reason he would leave is fans’ discontent, which he has said before doesn’t affect him positively or negatively. Those are my thoughts.
The sooner he figures out we as fans need to be making most of the coaching decisions the better. I mean he is making 2-3 M a year (for some reason) but I think we can all agree the Monday morning QB's on this forum are the road to the final 4. Can we just recruit a guy like Zion today maybe? What is holding him back?

hehe
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:32 PM   #332
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Read an article from UCLA sports writer, he calls the Bearcats the Wildcats. How can you be a sports writer with that little of knowledge about the outside world. It’s not as if we are some obscure program
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:36 PM   #333
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_bearcat View Post
But you cannot count the 2018 season. The 2018 team was either the best team or 2nd best team (2012) under Cronin. A lot of fans, myself included, cannot forgive that 2nd round loss. But, the facts are the team did not make it to the second weekend. You can lay the blame wherever you’d like - it doesn’t change the result. To somehow give Cronin credit for having a team that should have made it doesn’t cut it. The team failed to advance.
What kind of fan can’t forget a loss though? I mean yeah it sucks, and I’m as big a fan as anyone. But it’s the past now. And despite what whiny people on here like to think, that loss isn’t on his shoulders. He’s putting together teams capable of making runs, he does a good job at developing players. We have 3 guys in the NBA who were outside the top 100. (Gary was right on the edge). I guess I choose to be more optimistic then most and not meltdown after every season ends.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:37 PM   #334
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
The sooner he figures out we as fans need to be making most of the coaching decisions the better. I mean he is making 2-3 M a year (for some reason) but I think we can all agree the Monday morning QB's on this forum are the road to the final 4. Can we just recruit a guy like Zion today maybe? What is holding him back?

hehe
He’s the 49th highest paid coach? You don’t think he deserves that? I think I read 20 something coaches making more than him didn’t even make the tournament this year.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:03 PM   #335
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
He’s the 49th highest paid coach? You don’t think he deserves that? I think I read 20 something coaches making more than him didn’t even make the tournament this year.
To answer your first question...yes. My post was sarcastic. I read the second point elsewhere and think it’s a ridiculous conversation to have. There are much better ways of showing he’s a good coach than to point to who’s missing. It begs more questions.

But that’s okay. I just wanna to see small changes to let me know our coach has a good handle on the changing landscape. He says things that make me believe it...but he doesn’t always do things to make me believe it.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 05:34 PM   #336
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So one year of missing the tourney means your a worse coach than someone who makes it?
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:01 PM   #337
Hogsack

Hogsack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What kind of fan can’t forget a loss though? I mean yeah it sucks, and I’m as big a fan as anyone. But it’s the past now. And despite what whiny people on here like to think, that loss isn’t on his shoulders. He’s putting together teams capable of making runs, he does a good job at developing players. We have 3 guys in the NBA who were outside the top 100. (Gary was right on the edge). I guess I choose to be more optimistic then most and not meltdown after every season ends.

You know, I can't figure out why all of the Cronin supporters on this site are pissed off at the fans that aren't sucking his dick. If he doesn't want to be here than ******* let him go! If I let it be known to my company that i was interviewing with a different company twice a year they'd tell me to go **** myself. I don't want a coach that apparently thinks he's too good to be here. Go ahead and let the door hit him square in the ass!
Hogsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:25 PM   #338
Profchaos102

Profchaos102 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogsack View Post
You know, I can't figure out why all of the Cronin supporters on this site are pissed off at the fans that aren't sucking his dick. If he doesn't want to be here than ******* let him go! If I let it be known to my company that i was interviewing with a different company twice a year they'd tell me to go **** myself. I don't want a coach that apparently thinks he's too good to be here. Go ahead and let the door hit him square in the ass!
The difference is that college basketball coaches are more in demand than just about any other job in the job market. They hold so much more leverage that it is unfair to compare. I’m going to assume that you have a job that thousands also own, compared to just 351 D1 college basketball coaches.
Profchaos102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:34 PM   #339
Profchaos102

Profchaos102 is on a distinguished road
Also, interviewing for another job, especially UCLA doesn’t mean that he doesn’t want to be here. It’s fairly common for people in most professions to interview at other places with the intention of looking for more money or a promotion. He, as a human in a profession, shouldn’t hold the desire the climb the ladder any farther?
Profchaos102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:37 PM   #340
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogsack View Post
Wow lmao