Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-10-2019, 08:41 PM   #841
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Losing LoJo is the last straw...this is officially a dumpster fire - we are back to the post Huggins years- AAC bottom feeders...UC & Tulane fighting for the basement- screw this!
When does football season start? Seriously, I’m done...thank goodness I didn’t buy season tix this year. Doubt that I will for a number of years Thanks, Bohn - great call
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:43 PM   #842
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
Losing LoJo is the last straw...this is officially a dumpster fire - we are back to the post Huggins years- AAC bottom feeders...UC & Tulane fighting for the basement- screw this!
When does football season start? Seriously, I’m done...thank goodness I didn’t buy season tix this year. Doubt that I will for a number of years Thanks, Bohn - great call
If jarron returns... While ublikely.. We are still a tourney team lol.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:45 PM   #843
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Trevor
The hoops are the same height down south. He will struggle.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:48 PM   #844
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
The hoops are the same height down south. He will struggle.
Trevor can shoot. 100 percent mental
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:57 PM   #845
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCats329 View Post
The notion that you're not going to be flipping your shit for the next 4-5 years while they dwell in the AAC cellar is pretty laughable if you couldn't handle winning 27+ games/yr and making the second round of the tournament more often than not.
Bingo. At least we had playing in one of the best conferences in history in our favor during our last rebuild. A recruiting pitch of "help us become relevant in a borderline mid-major again" doesn't exactly get me hard...
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:59 PM   #846
UCats329

UCats329 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Bingo. At least we had playing in one of the best conferences in history in our favor during our last rebuild. A recruiting pitch of "help us become relevant in a borderline mid-major again" doesn't exactly get me hard...
"Come play for me--I've had top ten teams and made the tournament nine years in a row."

-- Mick Cronin

"Come play for me--I won the Horizon League twice."

-- John Brannen

Last edited by UCats329; 05-10-2019 at 09:03 PM.
UCats329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:06 PM   #847
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCats329 View Post
"Come play for me--I've had top ten teams and made the tournament nine years in a row."

-- Mick Cronin

"Come play for me--I won the Horizon League twice."

-- John Brannen
Hahahaha. Not sure it's that cut and dry but I get your point. I just can't get over the notion that the anti-Cronin crew somehow convinced themselves that UC would be immune to the normal roster shake up after a coaching change and we'd just continue on as normal....all while 28 wins a year wasn't good enough.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:11 PM   #848
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Hahahaha. Not sure it's that cut and dry but I get your point. I just can't get over the notion that the anti-Cronin crew somehow convinced themselves that UC would be immune to the normal roster shake up after a coaching change and we'd just continue on as normal....all while 28 wins a year wasn't good enough.

So you talk shit about the conference then say winning all those games means something... mick is a joke. Have you looked at his assistant coaches at UCLA?
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:16 PM   #849
UCats329

UCats329 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
So you talk shit about the conference then say winning all those games means something... mick is a joke. Have you looked at his assistant coaches at UCLA?
Have you looked at John Brannen's assistant coaches at UC?

Oh wait...
UCats329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:34 PM   #850
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Trevor can shoot. 100 percent mental
Based on what? Back in high school I could make 8/10 3's while just shooting around. Put me in a game and I went to a 10% shooter. It wasn't mental, it was I didn't have the abilities to get my shot off quick enough, stay under composure, understand everything else going on, etc, to make 80% of my shots. Trevor doesn't have some beautiful stroke. It's not text book at all, so I'm not sold on him being able to shoot.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote