Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
Chad announced on Twitter.
Great! Thanks. Good news
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:23 PM   #882
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Let’s get that 2019 pg out of the way now.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 05:08 PM   #883
UCats329

UCats329 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
You should tell that to Texas Tech haha
Texas Tech plays in a power five conference, pulls 10x as much in TV money, made a good coaching hire in Chris Beard, and is now willing to shell out the money to retain said hire. That having been said, it's only been a couple of years so we'll see what happens in the long run. Not really sure what your point was supposed to be.

Last edited by UCats329; 05-11-2019 at 05:23 PM.
UCats329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #884
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Great get late in the game for 2019!

Now let’s lock up a few more!
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:25 PM   #885
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Davenport is a local 2-star or unranked (on 247) guy. A late bloomer type. Offered by VT and a bunch of mid-majors, but some other bigger schools (NC State, Virginia) are said to have given him a look.

That said, he looks like a very good get. He looks like he has bulked up quite a bit with his year at Hargrave and should be instantly ready to play at UC (won't need to add weight/muscle first). It seems like the 6'7" listing is accurate, though I guess we will see when he arrives. Seems similar to the Hardnett/Prince mold (with a big less athleticism) of a guy who can bang inside or handle the ball and step out and shoot the three. Here's a nice tidbit from a scouting report on him.

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/12/re...avenport-2019/
Quote:
The 6’7″ hybrid forward reminds me a little bit of a guy like Grant Williams over at Tennessee, the reigning SEC Player of the Year as just a sophomore. I’m not saying Davenport will do that, but he’s a guy who’s, traditionally, a little short to play the power forward position, but he’s explosive and strong and can shoot the three ball, making him a versatile guy that can play all over the court and create mismatches.

Last edited by skyblade; 05-11-2019 at 07:13 PM.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:07 PM   #886
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Hahahaha. Not sure it's that cut and dry but I get your point. I just can't get over the notion that the anti-Cronin crew somehow convinced themselves that UC would be immune to the normal roster shake up after a coaching change and we'd just continue on as normal....all while 28 wins a year wasn't good enough.
its actually crazy how few players transferred under cronin everyone else has these shake ups every year coaching change or not
Old 05-11-2019, 07:40 PM   #887
HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey is on a distinguished road
Seems odd a all these people complaining about Mick's guys leaving when everyone says he sucks at recruiting. To the brannen haters almost every coach starts at a small school works up the chain. You will realize real quick this guy can coach. Don't count on them going 13-15 for long if ever and if Jarron comes back they'll finish top 4 with Houston,Wichita, and Memphis.
HongKongPhooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:43 PM   #888
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
This makes me happy. He was one I really wanted. Chad said 247 is going to do an updated ranking on him but it sounds like he took huge leaps his senior season. Some calling him the best player in the state, a late bloomer, and oozing with potential. Love that shit. Nice get!
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:57 PM   #889
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
This makes me happy. He was one I really wanted. Chad said 247 is going to do an updated ranking on him but it sounds like he took huge leaps his senior season. Some calling him the best player in the state, a late bloomer, and oozing with potential. Love that shit. Nice get!
Ck from Moeller had hight praise....
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:57 PM   #890
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HongKongPhooey View Post
Seems odd a all these people complaining about Mick's guys leaving when everyone says he sucks at recruiting. To the brannen haters almost every coach starts at a small school works up the chain. You will realize real quick this guy can coach. Don't count on them going 13-15 for long if ever and if Jarron comes back they'll finish top 4 with Houston,Wichita, and Memphis.
I doubt we will ever be the bottom of the league. But even with Jarron back we need I'd expect us to be more in the 5th-6th range (without Jarron I think we will be 7th-9th in the league). If Brannen can get us into the top 4 even with Jarron back it will be a big accomplishment.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote